Friday, December 27, 2013

Last Fiber Friday of 2013

Hello!

There were just three of us at Crossroads in Bellevue for Fiber Friday.  For a while, I thought I was going to spend the time knitting alone.  I managed to bind off my Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief.  I need to block it, and then weave in the ends, but it was a much faster knit than I ever thought.  I am making this as part of my NEWT project for HPKCHC, and I might have to add another project as this went way too fast.  I will talk more about this tomorrow, if I remember.

Back to Fiber Friday.  After I bound off the Kerchief, I was ready to cast on the 3rd part of my NEWT (along with the Age of Brass and Steam, I am making the 2013 Advent Calendar Scarf, and the High Plains Drifter Shawl), Racing Raindrops Scarf by Churchmouse Yarn & Teas.  For some reason, I thought CathieC had used a different size needle than the one recommended in the pattern.  As I love how her scarf came out, I was hoping she would show up at Crossroads so I could ask her.  When she didn't, I texted Skeinherder.  I was pretty sure Skeinherder was at work, but I was hoping that she could go on Ravelry for me and check Cathie's project page!  ha ha ha!  Skeinherder came through for me.  CathieC is getting very good at leaving helpful notes on her project pages.  Skeinherder is making this scarf, too, so she told me that she is using size 4 US (3.5 mm) and that CathieC is also.  That was the size I had brought, and so I cast on. 
Look! you can see the first "raindrop."


Just as I was figuring this all out, BlueBerryMary arrived.   Mary is making a sweater for her DH.  She has finished the back and about 1/2 way done with the front.
She has this complicated pattern memorized, so she actually brings this as her social knitting.  I love the colors, and her husband is a very lucky guy.

Winterpromise31 joined us shortly after Mary.  We had such a nice time.  It was great to hear how everyone's holiday was going, and talk about plans for New Year's Eve (ha ha ha none of us are planning much as we are all definitely NOT party people).  Winterpromise31 is making a beautiful lace scarf to match the lace hat she just finished.

The Sunday Group is planning on meeting this coming Sunday.  That will be the last meet-up for 2013. I hope you have enjoyed seeing what the group has made this year.  I have certainly enjoyed reporting!

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with a cat on my lap, and another trying to take her place.




No comments:

Post a Comment