Friday, December 27, 2013

2013 Advent Calendar Scarf, Finished Photos

Hello:

I'm getting ready to head out to Crossroads to meet with the Fiber Friday Group of Eastside Stitchers.  I wanted to post the photos of my finished 2013 Advent Calendar Scarf.  I have put them up on my project page on Ravelry, but I thought I would post them here, too.
Since he is home from Princeton for Christmas, I once again have my knitwear model, Pookie.  He is such a great sport, always willing to model my finished items for me. 

The stats for the finished scarf are:
91 in long (231.14 cm)
13.5 in wide (34.29 cm)
1272 yds used.
The yarn is Cascade Heritage Silk, which is a fingering weight mix of 85% Merino and 15% Silk.  It was a bit splitty, not horribly, but I had to watch it.  I love how it looks, feels and drapes, so the splittiness was worth it.  I have to admit that I stopped knitting to pet the scarf, often.

I used 3 skeins, with about 9 yds left of the last skein.  Last year, when I used size 6 needles, I went into a fourth skein of my yarn, I think it was Cascade Alpaca Lace.  This year I used size 2 needles.

I laid the scarf on the wood floor to measure the length, since I had forgotten to do that before I took it off the blocking mats, and the beads made a cheerful chinking sound.
I need somewhere special to wear it.  I have tickets to the Univ. of Washington's Dance Series!  Well, tickets to three of the shows.  I will wear it there.  And, of course, I will wear it today to Fiber Friday AND probably on a few of the Wed. and Sunday Eastside Stitchers meet-ups.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet in silk, lace and beads.





1 comment:

  1. Hoping to make one of these this year. Maybe more than 1 day at a time though.

    ReplyDelete