Monday, December 16, 2013

2013 Advent Calendar Scarf, Day 16

Hello:

I had so much fun today.  I was feeling on the edge of a cold this morning, so I almost didn't go to Sunday Knitting.  I took some Airborne, and headed out a bit late.  It was wonderful to hear everyone welcome me; it really picked me up.  I finished day 15's pattern, then went to the grocery store.  My daughter Allifer and her boyfriend were supposed to come to dinner, and it was Pookie's first night home, so I planned to make meatloaf and baked potatoes.  Before I went home, I stopped at JoAnn's because I am running low on the beads for the scarf.  OMBob!  they are out of the beads I am using.  I ran over Michael's (both stores are on the Crossroad's property), and they don't carry the brand.  UGH!

When I got home, I looked up my beads and ordered some from Ebay.  Then, I got a call from Allifer, her boyfriend had to work a second shift, so they wouldn't make it to dinner after all.  Well, I decided that we would eat yesterday's chili with hotdogs instead, and I went back to work on the scarf.

I have been watching a new show (well new to me) that is on Netflix.  It is from Australia, and is called Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries.  I just love it.  It is set after World War I in Australia, so there is fabulous fashion, great jazz, and just wonderful banter. What was even better today, was that Pookie sat next to me while I knit and watched.  He was studying for his Chinese final.  It was so much fun to have him with me.

We ate dinner, and then Doc, Pookie and I watched the Dr. Who 50th Anniversary show.  Pookie hadn't seen it, though Doc and I had, but I wanted to see it again.  Then we watched the first Hobbit movie.  We will have to wait for Himes and Moogie to get home to see the new Hobbit, and we wanted  bit of a refresher before we go. 

I worked on the scarf through both shows, and was able to finish up Day 16.  The pattern is another easy one.  In fact, at first I thought it was just going to be a simple mesh.  I rarely print out my patterns.  I like to have them on my laptop, with usually just one row visible.  Then, I scroll row by row as I knit.  This helps me to know which row I am on, but I can't get an overall idea of the pattern this way. 

The pattern is not just a simple mesh.  There are these little cables kind of sprinkled through the mesh.  They make nice accents.  The directions call for cable needles, but I knit mine without cable needles, using the technique I talked about in my post for Day 4

It's after midnight, and I might get called in to sub tomorrow!  I need to get to bed.

I need to finish the spacer in the morning, but since I am a bit ahead, I will have time to work on some other things, like Christmas Cards for the HPKCHC card exchange. 

I also need to decorate for Christmas.  We don't do a ton of decorating, but we need to get a few things up to make the house look like Christmas.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet just a bit ahead on her scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment