Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goals for 2014


I don't want to write too many big goals or resolutions for the coming year.  I am thinking that last year I hoped to knit one ornament every month so I would have 12 ready for Christmas gifts.  Um.  Yeah.

One goal I had last year was to publish a pattern on Ravelry.  I published two patterns.  I hope to double that this year. 

Other than that, I can't think of specific knitting goals, like knit X number of hats.  I am too disorganized for that, and I like to be open to whim crafting. 

I did a pretty good job of crafting from my stash this fall. This morning, I bought a bunch of yarn from Little Knits for some projects I have planned in January, February and March.  And, I need to buy a bunch of acrylic for some afghans I have planned this winter and spring.  I don't have the right yarns and colors, and don't really want to make a true stash afghan.  I hope to continue knitting socks from my stash, though that will probably fall apart when Sock Madness begins.  That's ok.  I know if I buy yarn for those socks, it will be for specific projects. 

The last thing I need to do to get my yarn stash under control is to bag up all of the yarn that I have from long ago (all acrylic) or that people have given me this year when they stopped knitting (all acrylic, novelty or cotton and not cotton that makes good dish cloths).  I will see if Colleen can use it.  If she can't, and no one in Eastside Stitchers wants it, I will donate it to charity.  I want to have yarns that I am planning on using.  Not just have yarn.   When I do buy new yarn, I really want to buy for planned projects.  This is one area where I have improved this last year.

The last goal that is specific is to spin one skein of plied yarn every month.  This will be a hard one, as I still am not in a good habit of spinning every day. 

Ok, back to work on Racing Raindrops.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with big goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment