Saturday, December 14, 2013

2013 Advent Calendar Scarf, Day 14

Hello:

My son, my baby, my Pookie is coming home for his Christmas break tonight.  Right now he is on a plane at Newark Airport... They have cancelled so many flights because of a big storm that is hitting the East Coast and also the Mid-West.  We are having our usual cool and occasionally drizzly weather here, so the flights headed to the Pacific Northwest are still taking off.  Let's hope that continues as I need 3 months of hugs from him.

I spent the morning knitting today's pattern, and the afternoon checking out a new phone company.  The Doc is determined to get "unlocked" phones.  He thinks there is something wrong or perhaps anti-freedom about having a cell phone that can only be used with one company.  The company we are looking at has all unlocked phones.  (also it would be cheaper...)

The Day 14 pattern is absolutely amazing.  The whole time I was knitting it, I kept thinking of designs/projects where I could use this lace pattern.  It is just so textural.
There is one new stitch for today.  IOI  Make 3 from 1.  It is really easy.  Here is a little tutorial for it:

IOI =  make 3 of 1 by Knitting, YO, then Knitting again into the same stitch.

1. begin with a regular knit

But don't slip the stitch off the left needle.
2. YO
3. Insert the right needle into the same stitch and Knit again.
4. This is what it should look like:
You can see the K YO K on the needle.

5. When you slip the stitch off the left needle, it looks like this, and you are finished:

Ugh!  Pookie is sitting on the plane still at the gate waiting for the De-Icing truck.  I guess the truck broke a pipe...  He has been on the plane for 1.5 hours already.

Ok, funny story about myself before I post this today.

I have been super excited because the traffic to this blog has gone up quite a bit.  I know this is a very little blog, and the truth is, that I would write it if no one but me read it, but it is weirdly fun to know people are reading it.  I remember when I first started writing it, I was rereading a post one day, then, I noticed that there was a way to track your traffic, and wow!  my blog had already had about 10 hits.  Who in the world was reading my blog?  This idea was so fascinating to me, that I kept checking the blog all day, and noticed that the numbers were going up and up.  Of course, at some point, I realized that I was tracking my own reading of my blog.  Then I learned how to turn that off, and only track OTHER people reading the blog.  Ha ha ha ha ha!  the numbers went way down.

However, yesterday, I had over 190 hits.  That is a ton for me.  I usually hover between 50 - 80 a day.  (am I still obsessively tracking... sort of, but since I try to post at least 5 days a week, I can't help but see the numbers)  Wow, I thought, a lot of people must be following the 2013 Advent Calendar Scarf progress.  This is so cool.

Then I looked at which particular posts were being "viewed."  Someone must be doing a CAL of the Eight Pointed Flower Square by JulieAnny, because the post where I have the round photos for that square got over 70 hits alone!  Well, it is a lovely square, and I am still thankful that Julie gave me permission to post the round photos on my blog.

Maybe those viewers will start knitting the Advent Calendar Scarf.... or just stay tuned for more afghan squares... you never know.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with knitting needles in hand while refreshing twitter updates from Pookie





No comments:

Post a Comment