Sunday, December 8, 2013

2013 Advent Calendar Scarf, Day 8

Hello:

The above photo is of the trees on my street as seen through my frosted windshield.  Our weather continues to be weirdly cold with no clouds (also weird).  I think the high today was in the 20s (F), and the low somewhere in the teens.  Brrrrr.

I was able to meet up with the Eastside Stitchers who get together on Sunday mornings at Panera in Redmond.  I don't usually post about the Sunday meet ups, because I'm usually too lazy to post on the weekends regularly, but since I missed the last two Fridays and the last Wednesday meet ups, I thought I would take some photos.  However, I am going to post all of that AFTER I do my progress report on the 2013 Advent Calendar Scarf.

Day 8 pattern had only one "different" stitch.  The pattern was an easy combination of left and right leaning decreases, knits, purls, and YO's.  It is one long repeat of 34 rows.  I was able to knit on the scarf at Panera.  We had a discussion of how hard I was working to stay on target, and the value/stress of these self-imposed deadlines.  I had a very busy day today, and I was worried that I would fall behind.  I did finish today's pattern, but I need to try to get ahead tomorrow just in case I get called in to substitute teach somewhere next week.

 This is what the pattern for Day 8 looks like:

 The "different" stitch is at the top of the pattern.  It is a double decrease.  It is not a centered decrease, but rather, the right stitch is on top of the other two stitches.  Here is the tutorial.

^  sl1 k2tog psso
You will be taking the 3 Knit stitches and decreasing them to 1 stitch.
Insert the right needle into the first stitch as if to knit,
and slip that stitch to the right needle.
knit the next 2 stitches together.

Insert the left needle into the slipped stitch,
lift that slipped stitch and pass it over the stitch you just knit.
Here is what my scarf looks like now.  I have pinned it out a bit on some blocking mats so you can see what it will look like when it is blocked.
ha ha ha, you can see how little yarn I have left in the first skein.  I need to cake up the next skein to be ready for tomorrow.

But, first I will show you what projects people brought to Eastside Stitchers Sunday meet up at Panera.


CathieC brought her MacArthur Park Poncho.
Skeinherder brought the Roseum wrap. She bought the yarn and pattern at Tolt Yarn and Wool.  However, Skeinherder worked on the mini-sock ornaments she is making for Christmas presents.
JitteryKnitter brought a hat in beautiful MadelineTosh.  She was just about to close the top.

Puzan brought a cowl in Christmas colors.
Our newest Eastside Stitcher, stephzuel123, was also working on a hat.  It is a beautiful with all of the cables.
Wajio brought her SOCKS.  Look!  she is almost to the ribbing.
After a stressful week, a morning of social knitting is just the thing to help me relax.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the world on a Sunday.
Look!  JitteryKnitter finished her hat before I had to leave to tutor a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment