Friday, December 20, 2013

2013 Advent Calendar Scarf, Day 20

Happy Winter Solstice!

We woke up to snow.  Because it snows so rarely here, we don't have much in the way of snow removal equipment, so driving is very perilous with our steep hills.

Fiber Friday was cancelled, as the Eastside Stitchers one by one decided that it was too dangerous to venture out.  We knew it would warm up and rain, and the snow would be gone ... at... some... point... but, not in time for us to knit.


The pattern for today is again a simple series of YO's and left and right leaning decreases.  This pattern has some of the double YO's, 00.  When you purl back, you have to remember to purl and knit into the double YO.  Other than that, easy peasy.
It's the little details that make this a nice lace pattern.  I like how the single YO's change sides, and how this makes the pattern zig.

If you look at the top of the section, you can see that I have started the next spacer, but not the bead row.  I am 3 beads short of a complete row.  I feel that there is a joke in there, but I am too stressed to enjoy it.  I checked Jo-Ann's again today, and they are still out of the Amethyst beads I need.  I hunted under my couch cushions, and under the couch itself looking for stray beads.  I found some, but was still 3 short.  I have ordered another tube online, but they HAVE NOT ARRIVED!  I don't want to get behind as we are so close to the end, and I want to wear my scarf to Christmas Eve mass.  I have some beads that are close, and if the new beads don't arrive tomorrow, I will just use those.  No one, but me, will ever notice.  I hope.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with different color beads.


No comments:

Post a Comment