Sunday, December 30, 2012

Apologies

Hello!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days.  I'm also co-writing the blog for the Gryffindor House in the HPKCHC Group on Ravelry, and have been working on a few posts there.  Also, as the new "term" starts on January 1, I have been trying to get things organized.  I've also been cleaning/organizing my stash and needles/hooks. 

I was working on a pair of blue beaded socks of my own design for SolidSocks (blue) and SKA (beaded) December challenge, but they are about 1 1/2 in too small in the foot, so I am going to rip them back and add those inches.  I will lose the SolidSocks turn in, but as long as I do a CO (cast on) post in SKA before midnight, December 31, I have the month of January to finish them.  I like they way they look, so I might just go ahead and finish making them.
I hit JoAnn's today and got enough yarn for 2 afghans.  I have decided to do an afghan in 3 months for a HPKCHC Transfiguration OWL.  More on that later, but, to turn in the OWL proposal, you have to show that you have all of the materials BEFORE you begin.  The second afghan will be done over the year with the 2013BAMCAL Group.  I had so much fun this year with that group, and I so love the 2 afghans I made (I am currently sewing them together), that I really want to participate again this year.

I also want to show you the yarn I won in HPKCHC.  I was randomly drawn from people who participated in Quidditch this term and won some beautiful sparkly lace yarn!
Ok, way time for bed.

Peace.
Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with 1 half sewn afghan, 1 in blocks, and a pair of super small socks.





No comments:

Post a Comment