Thursday, January 3, 2013

Morning Fog

Hello!

I'm having neighbors over tonight to try to set up yet ANOTHER stitch night.

I love my neighborhood.  It is an association of 500 homes.  We have some common facilities that we pay dues for.  It is simply a great neighborhood for kids, adults, and seniors.

When my kids were younger, I was always at neighborhood activities.  They swam on the swim team, took golf and tennis lessons.  We have a big 4th of July bike parade, a 5k run/walk, Halloween party, various golf tournaments and events, even a fishing derby in the golf course ponds.  It's the kind of neighborhood where kids ride off in the morning, and you sometimes don't see them until dinner time, and you don't worry.

This is a long way to say that, as my kids got older, I spent less time with people in the neighborhood.  And I regret that.  My neighbors are really nice people.  At my block's "Holiday Progressive Dinner,"  I discovered that some of the people on my street knit, and I thought back to my idea from last year, that it would be nice to start a group of stitching neighbors.  We have one of those neighborhood community sites, where people can post notices of stuff for sale, stuff they need, lost cats, etc. So I posted that I was interested in forming a Stitching group.  And I got some really nice immediate responses.

Everyone seemed to think that evenings would be best.  We have a small golf clubhouse with a "restaurant," that would be a perfect place to meet, but it is closed except weekends most of the winter.  So, not willing to wait until Spring Golf and Swimming start up, I said, "Let's try my house."

Tonight is the first try.  I can't wait to see who shows up.  The Doc and Moogie (who is still home on Christmas Break from her college) are escaping to a movie.  Ha!

I do have some projects to show, but it will take some time to write them up here.  So I will leave you with photos of the fog from this morning which seemed to come in waves.  Just when I thought it was clearing, another wave would roll in.

Here are my morning photos starting at about 6:30 am. until about 10:30












It almost seemed as if the sun kept going back down below the horizon.  So cool!  The moon shot was taken facing south.

Hope your 2013 is going great.  Mine is.  I'm still posting on the Gryffindor Blog right now, doing some What I did for December Break posts.  Please check it out and enjoy our busy House!

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with a camera and a great view.

No comments:

Post a Comment