Friday, December 21, 2012

2012AdventCalendarScarf Day 21


Hello,

If you look in the photo of the planter above, you will see my first Daffodil of the year just poking up.  Here, I have circled it on this one:

If today IS the end of the world, no one told my plants, because they are getting ready for Spring.  Today is the Winter Solstice, and we are supposed to have our shortest day, of daylight, of the year.  However, the sun came out, and we had a beautiful sunny (though cold) day.  The sky was an amazing blue.  We had some serious cold a few weeks ago, then it got up into the 50's, and though it is very cold again, dipping down to 33 at night, my bulbs are beginning to put up shoots.  This often happens here, as the weather seesaws up and down.  I hope we don't have such a serious freeze that they are killed.

On to the 2012 Advent Calendar Scarf, Day 21.

Can  you believe it is day 21?  There are just 3 more days of intense knitting.  I will be relieved when it ends,, and I can concentrate on the socks I am knitting (beaded and blue for ska and solidsocks).  But, at least for one month, it is fun to really crank on a single project.

This was another very easy pattern.  There are no weird stitches.  Just a lovely barber pole  looking diabonal stripe.
O!  I wanted to say that I am almost out of beads.  Last year I know I bought 3 tubes.  I only bought 2 this year.  For some reason, I thought that I had not touched the 3rd tube, so I decided to only buy 2.  More Fool Me.  O well, it's an excuse for a trip to Beads and Beyond.  As if someone NEEDS an excuse to go there.

Peace.
Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with Day 21 (and still alive inspite of those pesky Mayans)






No comments:

Post a Comment