Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 4 Advent Calendar Scarf December 4, 2011

Midnight again!  But at least I have an excuse.

I went to Mass this morning.  2nd Sunday of Advent.  We are now using the new Catholic Mass translation.  I don't like it, but I know that is mostly because it is unfamiliar.  I am trying to remember when the Mass was changed when I was a child.  It felt weird then, too.  Anyway, so Mass, then making breakfast, then Aion with Aelfric, Vixey, and Hellsrevenge.  Tons of fun!  But because of that fun, I didn't get started on my knitting until about 1 pm.  I had the spacer section AND the new clue for Day 4.

This is a really neat looking pattern.
 sorry, it is a bit marred by my lifeline, but I am headed to bed, and was afraid to leave the scarf without a lifeline and too tired to put in the next one.  I have knit the first row of the next spacer section, and will put in a new lifeline first thing tomorrow before I continue knitting. 

This section included YO (yarn overs) which alternated with either P1 or and 3 part center gather stitch which is sl2 k1 psso (it means slip 2 stitches as if to knit, knit 1 stitch, then pass the slipped stitches over the knit stitch.)  There was a lot of discussion about the YO's and I got some links to demonstrations of how to do a correct YO.  I was happy to see that I did them correctly for the K YO P sequences.  Not so happy to see that when you are yarn overing after a P and before a K, there is a different method.  I checked it out,. and it is a nice method.  But, it is mostly what I was doing already, and was a bit awkward to use with the sl2 k1 psso.  Still, it is always so helpful to learn new stuff.  The people in this group are very generous with their knowledge for us beginner lace knitters.

I tried to put some of the links in my pages, so check those out. 

Here is what the scarf looks like now, unblocked:

I hope I finish before midnight tomorrow!  but if I don't I will keep on knitting.  I am so proud of myself that I am keeping up.

Goodnight everyone, and check in tomorrow to see the next pattern.

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment