Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 3 Advent Calendar Scarf Saturday, December 3, 2011

I am actually typing while knitting... Sort of.  I have my laptop IN MY LAP, as I am knitting this section, and I am trying to take notes as I go.

There is no life section.  I have no life right now.  My life consists off knitting an Advent Calendar Scarf.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?  

So far 2 hours and 5 rows of the spacer, but I also had 2 phone calls (my sister had her 2nd knee replaced, and my sister-in-law called for my husband's work address)  and one of those rows is the bead row.  It only took me 45 minutes today.  I shaved off 15 minutes, or 1/4 of my usual beading time.  I'm getting faster! ok,

OOO, my Aion buddies just called and want to play, so I won't I'm going to try to frantically finish the spacer row so I can log on and do something with them.


It's 2:00 pm, I logged off Aion at about 1 pm. Since then, I have knitted the last 3 rows of the spacer section, and placed another lifeline.  After I had knit the first of these garter rows, I realized that I had forgotten to increase the spacer section by 1 stitch.  This didn't really matter, EXCEPT that it meant that I was one bead short.  So, I " tinked"  or knit backwards the 3 edge stitches, then picked up a stitch from 2 rows below and put on a bead.  Then just finished the row.  Hope you can't tell.  I am ready to start actually knitting Day 3.  Hope I can get it finished before dinner... that is about 3 - 4 hours of knitting.  Can I do it?

7:25 pm and I have finished Day 3!  I didn't eat dinner yet, so I will run upstairs after I post this and do so.  I also think I will take my photos showing how I put on the beads and edit the last two blogs.  I meant to post those photos (there are a lot showing each step), with those days, since that was when I was learning that technique.

Here is what I have so far.  Sorry, but I am afraid to take out my lifelines.



The pattern today was super easy. 

(sorry this went sideways, I can not figure out why some of the photos do that...)

There was nothing new, and I have to say that I am Thankful!  I still worked on this for 7 hours today.  7 hours of knitting a fairly easy pattern.
 (I tried to pin and "block" a center section so you can see what the lace looks like so far)

I am pretty sure Day 4 has been posted.  I might knit the spacer section tonight.  But I am also hoping to work on a pair of socks this month.  So maybe I will cast those on and knit the toes as they are a toe up pattern.

I am hoping to make Hungry Bees  by Emma Grundy Haigh using my new sock yarn I bought :



 This pattern is knit toes up.  There are no chart.  Also, as far as I can tell, there are only 60 stitches.  I just don't see who this would fit.  It makes me so sad, though, because I really like the pattern.  From scanning the directions (remember, no chart), it looks like there is a 15 stitch repeat.  So I could go with 75 stitches and maybe size 00 needles.  One of the big questions is whether or not my poor brain can do this complicated pattern,  with my alterations, while I am having my mind blown by the Advent Calendar Scarf!

And try to get things organized for Christmas.

Well, no guts, no glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment