Saturday, December 10, 2011

Advent Calendar Scarf Day 9 Friday, December 9, 2011

It is 7:40 am and I am ready to knit!  Last night before I went to bed (at 1 am (weep weep)), I knit the first 3 rows of the spacer section.  This morning I will knit row 4, the bead row, up to row 7 , put in the lifeline, knit row 8, then, FOLD LAUNDRY. 

O, good morning, fellow knitters.  =)

9:13 and I have finished the spacer section.  I  need to use the bathroom (I am sure you all want to know that), then I am supposed to do some laundry, but... I want to start the pattern.  I was just glancing at it, and there is 1 new thing:  "3 from 1 from 3 rows below  I am not sure I understand the directions completely, but I will check out what people wrote in the discussion thread for Day 9.  That is one of the most wonderful things about making this scarf and being a part of this group, the more advanced/experienced members are sooooo helpful with explanations.  The designer is a full time librarian, and has only so much time to answer questions, but the other members of the group are always ready to help.

Uh Oh!  text from Vixey, he wants me to get on Aion and run an instance.  Well, it's a good place to take a break, so I think I will tackle the actual Day 9 section in a few hours.  As we say in gaming BRB  (be right back)  or AFK  (which in gaming means "away from keyboard" but in this case might better mean "away from knitting").

sorry forgot to note the time:  It's 3:55 and I'm on row 5.  I had a horrible time counting to 10 on the first row, and had to fix the stitches when I got to row 3 because I was off on knits and purls.  Why is counting so hard?

O!  DEAR!  It is now 8:25 and I have done one iteration (repeat) of today's pattern.  14 more rows to go...
I'm tired.  Sometimes I feel like this is a weird 25 day marathon.  The pattern is mostly easy.  But there is this one cool stitch where we knit into a stitch 3 rows below and make 3 stitches out of that.  It's gorgeous looking in the finished projects posted in the Day 9 thread.  These knitters are amazing.  I hope mine looks half as good.

On to the 2nd repeat.

Well, I am not sure if I did the first repeat correctly.  This pattern had sections with 10 stitches.  But on the last few rows, I had to move the stitch markers back and forth because of YO's (yarn overs) and P2Tog or  S2 K1 PSSO (slip 2 stitches as if knitting, knit the next stitch, pass the 2 slipped stitches over).  I always ended up with the right number, but I am not sure if I did that correctly the first time.  Oh well, it still is very cool looking:
  and here is the full (ish) scarf:




It's 12:25 am and time for bed.
16 days until Christmas!

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment