Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Advent Calendar Scarf Day 5 Monday, December 5, 2011

I finished about 5 minutes BEFORE MIDNIGHT! 

I would have finished earlier, but I got a text from my friend, Vixey, that they desperately needed a cleric for a group instance on Aion.  So!  Got to support my main tank buddy.  (sorry if you don't game, I'm way too tired to explain what all that meant).  Suffice to say, I had to stop knitting at about 9 pm and play Aion for 2 hours.

But I did finish Day 5.

I honestly don't know what this Day will look like when the scarf is blocked.  It was a pretty easy pattern.  But I had a terrible time with it.  I dropped about a gazillion stitches.  When I was knitting (or purling) on the WS (wrong side) rows, my count was often off.  Then I would see a dropped stitch.  Or, even worse, NOT see a dropped stitch, and have to just figure out where a stitch SHOULD be, and put one in.  At one point, I accidentally pulled out about 20 stitches.  I have know idea if the pattern is even close to what it is supposed to be.  I kept thinking, ok, just frog it and start again.  But I really don't want to get behind.  I am so afraid that if I frog a section, I will not finish it THAT day.  Once I fall behind, I can see myself giving me permission to just keep falling further and further behind.

Oh well, here is what it looks like now:



Sorry again for the life line running right through today's pattern.  After I dropped those stitches, I put in an extra line, just in case!

Also, my cats are super interested in this project.  They love yarn, and my knitting, and like to sit on my lap while I knit, but Selena, just won't stay off!

Anyway, that is the entire scarf so far.

Happy 5th Day of Advent.

Good night!  See you all tomorrow, (but a bit earlier I hope)

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment