Thursday, December 15, 2011

Advent Calendar Scarf Day 15 Thursday, December 15, 2011

Life

I'm going to try to post something more than just the scarf progress, but not much!  Today I mailed all my "Christmas Gifts."  We have a ton of nephews and nieces all over the country.  The Doc is one of 4 kids, and I am the middle of 5, and all of our brothers and sisters have multiple kids.  I don't like to get super commercial with Christmas anyway.  In fact, my kids always accuse me of being a Grinch, because I think there is just too much stuff around on Christmas morning.  But I want all the family to know we thought about them this year.  So I managed to knit 2 pairs of socks, one for my sister, A, and the other for my brother, M.  I ordered some assorted caramels from a local chocolatier Fran's Chocolates for each of my family's houses.  Books for the youngest cousins, and sent checks to everyone else.  The Doc wanted to take care of his family himself (Love that!), so he got them all smoked salmon from Made In Washington (I think).  Wow I was checking out the websites just now to get the correct links for this blog, and Fran's Chocolates is no longer taking orders!  I'm so glad I took care of that yesterday.  Whew, just in time.  Anyway, I went to the post office (they are closing 2 of them in our city, but not the one closest to my house, thank goodness) this morning and mailed everything.  So other than figuring out something for my oldest daughter, Allie, and buying and preparing Christmas Dinner and breakfast, I am done!  Ok, we still need to set up the tree, etc., and wow, we have no lights up.  When we get those things up, I will take and post photos.

Knitting

Knitting right now is of course my Advent Calendar Scarf.  I started Day 15 last night, hoping that I would finish it before noon, but wow even though I was almost 1/2 way through the pattern before I went to bed at midnight, I just finished it at 9:30.  I had to wrap, write checks, notes, envelopes, go to the post office, etc.  Samantha and I went to the Y and I did the recumbent bike for 30 min (5.33 miles) while I knitted on my Blue Bees Socks.  I have now knit about 2 rows of the actual foot.  I am afraid to take the scarf to the Y.  Also, I got on Aion and did a Lower Udas run with my legion.  Most of my good friends on the game have left for other things, and now that the new Star Wars online game is starting (Dec. 20th) all but 1 will leave.  I still really like playing Aion.  I don't want to learn a new game.  Oh well, I am really knitting a lot now.  I don't want to give up gaming entirely.  It is so much fun.  Such a great way to relax  WITH people.  I started that game with 3 of my kids, we formed a legion together, and played as a family group for 2 years.  I don't think that will ever happen again.  I just don't see my sons now wanting their mom in their Star Wars legion.  It is different now they are older.  When they were in high school, it was kinda cool to have a mom who gamed with them.  OK, enough pity.  This is not knitting.



So, here is today's pattern:

very simple, but pretty neat.

And here is the scarf full length:

We have been invited to a neighborhood Christmas party tomorrow night, so I need to get some of Day 16 done tonight, then really work hard during the day, or I will not be able to post a completed pattern.  It wouldn't be the end of the world, but I really want to keep up.

10 Days until Christmas!

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment