Monday, December 12, 2011

Advent Calendar Scarf Day 11 Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hello there!  It is 11:36 pm and I am finally finished with today's pattern.  It was not a difficult pattern, and I actually knitted the entire spacer section WITH beads last night before I went to bed (at 1:30 am!), but I had a bit of Life interfere with my knitting today.

First I went to 7:30 Mass.  I'm telling you, when you go to bed at 1:30 am, it is very tough to get up for a 7:30 am Mass.  I started telling myself, O just go to the 9:30... but I got up and was on time =)  That service is not very full, so it is quicker than the others.  The actual service of the mass is just about the same length, no matter which one you choose, it's the number of people receiving communion that can make a huge difference in the time.  OK, I know it's a bit wrong to be picking the shortest mass, but if the sermon is going to be the same, and of course, the readings are the same for that day, well... I want  the shorter one.  And don't get upset, but I've started bringing my knitting.  I don't bring anything with a pattern.  Right now I'm bringing the Blue Bees from the Hungry Bees pattern.  I am still on the toes, so I don't need to be looking at  a pattern.  I find it meditative to sit and knit while listening to the readings and prayers.  The Doc doesn't usually go to this mass, and I guess I'm glad, cause I don't think he would approve...

Then, after Mass, Luke and I went to see the Olympic Ballet perform the Nutcracker.   This was a student production, except for the 2 main dancers, Grown up Clara, and The Nutcracker Prince.  They were danced by 2 former PNB  (Pacific Northwest Ballet) Principals:  Mara Vinson, and Le Yin.  They were both absolutely lovely.  I haven't see Le Yin dance in quite a while.  He was plagued with injuries when he danced at PNB, but when he WAS able to dance, he was fabulous.  I was not a fan of Mara when she first climbed out of the corps de ballet into solo roles, but by the time she was elevated to principal, I had definitely changed my mind.  She is a very clean precise lovely dancer.  They looked wonderful together.

We were really there to watch Luke's girlfriend, C, dance.  She was wonderful.  I was so  proud of her.  She danced beautifully, and really performed.  Bravo!

Ok, I'm tired, so I just want to show you where I am on the scarf now:

here is today's pattern:


Here are the last 3 days of knitting:



and here is the entire scarf so far:

The bottom is bigger than the rest of the scarf because I used a size 1 needle on the first section.  Then I decided it was just too loose, so I dropped down to a 0.  I hope it blocks out evenly.

I was going to try to knit up the next spacer before I go to bed, but I'm just too tired.

14 days until Christmas!

Good night everyone.

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment