Friday, December 9, 2011

Advent Calendar Scarf Day 8 Thursday, December 8, 2011

Good morning!  It is almost 8 am, and I am ready to start.

Last night, after I got home with Samantha, I wanted to knit on my Hungry Bees Socks by Emma Grundy Haigh, but I decided to wind another ball of the beautiful lace yarn (Cascade Alpaca Lace Red Wine ) that I am using for this scarf.  That took 2 hours.  Really, I am not kidding, 2 hours to wind that ball.  But my first ball is almost finished, and I want to be ready.  This morning, I tidied the kitchen, de-cluttering the counter tops, and starting a load in the dishwasher.  I am sitting here, looking at 3 loads of laundry that need to be folded.  After I finish the spacer section, I will make myself stop, fold that laundry, then get started on Day 8.

ok, Let's see how long it takes to knit the spacer section (minus the first row which I did knit last night):
9:47  !  So 1 hour and 47 minutes to knit7 rows, one of them with 15 beads.  Am I crazy to continue?
 It is so pretty, though.  I was talking to my mom on the phone yesterday.  I called her to talk about Pride and Prejudice    podcast on craftlit.  This is one of my mom's favorite books.  So I was explaining about the scarf, and how I'm listening to various knit podcasts (well just general podcasts but mostly knitting ones), and she was worried that I was knitting way too much.  Then after I picked up Samantha at the train station in Seattle, I was explaining the 7 + hours a day that I am working on this scarf, and she said that I was crazy.  But after I showed her the scarf, she asked if she could have it when it is finished.  And really, unblocked, it does look a bit like cat barf.  So, am I crazy?  I still have to begin today's pattern...  But first a short break while I take a shower and fold some laundry.  And maybe ice my left wrist which is hurting just a bit.

quick photo of the spacer with the beads:


I need to put in a lifeline before I begin the Day 8 pattern.  There is a cable in the pattern.  SPOILERS!

O Dear!  It's 3:48 and I am just starting... I got the lifeline in and had some fun with my legion on Aion.  But it is time to get to work.  My kids are trying to get me to make them grilled tuna and cheese sandwiches, but I MUST KNIT LACE...

6:38 and stopping for dinner.  I'm only at row 10.  Not even half way =(
10:25, just finished row 23.

I finished at about 11:50 pm, and took some photos:

Here is the close up of today's pattern:

Here is what the full scarf looks like now:

and here is the length so far!

It is just about too long to photograph on my little end table.  I will have to move the photos to the floor!

Good night everyone.  Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow?

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment