Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 2 Advent Calendar Scarf 2011 Friday, December 2, 2011

This is so hard.

I think I am crazy to keep at it and it is only day 2.

I am just bizarrely slow at knitting this lace.  I have been able to nothing else but knit.  And it is again, after midnight.  Ok, well, I mean, I made dinner.  I picked up the Doc from the airport.  I ate dinner.  I ate lunch, and at 9 am this morning I took a break to take a shower, and eat.  I played about 1 hour of Aion at noon.  (Got 2 pvp kills on my ranger!) 

I made some mistakes, dropped some stitches, but didn't frog back.  I know if I have to frog more than 1 row, I will never catch up.  I just picked up as best I could and plowed ahead.  Please, please  let this get easier/quicker.

I decided that as there was no stitch definition at all I would drop down in needle size.  So this scarf starts out in size 1 Addi Turbo Lace Needles, and part 2 is knitted on size 0.


This is the scarf with Spacer, Day 1, Spacer.  The spacer sections have the beads.  My crochet hook came yesterday, so I was able to use it to apply the beads this morning.  I am not sure if it was faster.  But I do think it will get faster with practice.


This is Day 2 section above the lifeline.  Sorry the color is so bad.  Selena is sleeping on the towel I have been using for pinning this lace for the photos.  but I think you can see the pattern.  The cables that go straight down were made with knitting into the row BELOW.  So easy!  and I think you can see the little cable twist.  That actually was a pain because the yarn is so flimsy 

The most difficult thing (other than the beading) so far for me is the ssk, especially since they are always proceeded by a YO.  This is where I have dropped stitches and had to randomly pick up and knit back up.  Everyting is just a bit slippery, the yarn is super thin, and some times it gets tight and it is hard to hold the YO and reinsert the needle into BOTH loops.  EEK! 


I have taken photos of both methods of applying the beads, but I am simply too tired to write them up.  I hope to get the demonstrations on the blog this weekend.

Bedtime for me.  Goodnight.  pssst!  did you notice that I am still on track with this project?...

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment