Sunday, December 18, 2011

Advent Calendar Scarf Day 17, Saturday, December 17, 2011

The pattern today was simple and yet complex.  It was rows of  just knit on the RS (right side) and purl on the WS (wrong side), But there was a very cool K5Tog thing, where you had to knit 5 together, but keep the stitches on the needle as you YO, went through all 5 again and picked up a K, then YO AGAIN, then knit through all 5 one last time before finally slipping the stitch off the left needle.  You ended up with 5 stitches on the Right needle, but they came through a sort of twist.  Very very cool looking.  And really not that hard to do.  The designer, Kristen, had us add 5 YO's on the WS row between the 5 stitches that were to be knit together.  When we got to the RS row, we dropped the YO's.  This made each of the 5 stitches super loose, and easy to knit through all those times.

I have no idea if this is making any sense.  It is 1:20 am... I was doing really well, I thought I would finish before dinner today, no kidding.  But then I dropped a stitch, and it was just impossible to figure out how to pick it up.  So, for the first time in this project, I FROGGED BACK  Rippit rippit!  Thank goodness for life lines.  Really saved my life.

So this is what the pattern looks like:

Sorry it's sidesways. I don't know why Blogger likes to do that, but you can still see the pattern.

One other funny note.  I got up at about 6:30 am, as usual, and came downstairs and just knit.  I stopped for about 1 hour at noon to play a little Aion, then got back to the scarf.  After the disaster and the frogging, I knit back 1 repeat of the pattern (we did 3 repeats), then decided to run to the grocery store as it was now 6 pm and I had nothing for dinner for Doc and the kids.  Also, we were low on quite a lot of things, as all I do is knit this scarf.  When I got back home, and was running in and out of the house hauling in the groceries, I noticed that, in addition to my sweatpants and old sweater, I WAS STILL WEARING MY NIGHTGOWN.  LOL!  Under the sweater.  Wow.  I never got dressed.

Crazy

8 more days until Christmas!

Good night, and see you all tomorrow with a new pattern.

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment