Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Advent Calendar Scarf Day 14 Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Only 4:19 pm and I am already finished!

I knitted the spacer section last night, including putting in the life line.

The pattern today is only 18 rows.
Here it is:



And here with yesterday's section:
This is what the full scarf looks like unblocked:

it is @36 inches long unblocked:
I am going to knit the spacer section and as much of tomorrow's pattern as possible.  I am getting ready to fly to Utah to watch James perform in the Nutcracker with Utah Regional Ballet, then drive back home with him.  I don't know how well I will be able to knit on the road, especially with the beading.  I want to get ahead if possible.  Jewels, in Ravelry, suggested that "Place your beads on a length of tape, cover them with another length of tape and take it apart one bead at a time as you need them. :)  What a clever idea!

I so love that group.  They are very helpful people.  Also, there is a whole thread on blocking ideas.  It seems that I need to get to a welding shop and buy some welding wires to use a blocking wires.  Also, I might need to go to Costco to buy some kid's interlocking mats.  These are the "cheaper" ways of blocking lace.  MaryEliz, also on Ravelry, posted a photo of a triangular shawl that was half blocked.  She had pinned one side of the shawl, and not the other.  WOW, does blocking make a difference.

Back to my knitting!

11 days until Christmas.

C. A. Losi

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with your ability to knit each day and blog too. That lasted about 5 days for me. This KAL is great fun and I had no idea it would consume me, lol

    ReplyDelete