Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Advent Calendar Scarf Day 13 Tuesday, December 13 2011

Hooray for me!  It is 8:51 pm and I have finished today's pattern.
It is a bit hard to see the pattern, but there is a little cable twist.

I did not get to play Aion.  I did nothing but knit and drive my kids around today, o and listen to knitting podcasts.  Luke, Samantha and I are sharing a car right now.  Samantha needs rides to and from work, and Luke needs rides to and from both school and ballet.  As much as possible, I let each of them take the car.  But sometimes, their schedules overlap, and I have to drop one off, pick up the other, drop that one off, pick up the first one, etc. etc.   It seems like I get to knit for about 1 1/2 hour stretches, then I have to get up and drive again.  It will be nice when James is home because we will have a 2nd car to share between the 3 of them.  I will just sit home happily knitting.  Then, if James's new car EVER comes, we will be back to 4 people (including me) sharing 3 cars.  A much better situation.  For those of you who have never been to this part of Washington State, we don't have very good public transportation.  It rains All The Time in the winter, and our city is super hilly, with very steep hills.  It is very important to have a car. 

Any way, I took a better photo of yesterday's pattern.  I think you can sort of see it in this one:

ok, I am actually going to try to get a bit ahead, and start tomorrow's pattern.  It is already posted, as Kristen, the designer, lives in Germany, and she posts the day's pattern in Her morning.

Today, since I had to pick up Luke from school, I had about 10 minutes while waiting for him to come out to knit on the Blue Bees socks.  I had gotten way off in the increases somehow.  I was increasing some parts and not others... I don't think that will matter in the end (it's just the toes).  I did what I could to even them out, and need 1 more row to hit 68 stitches.  I think I need 70 stitches for the leg pattern, so I think I will knit at 68 until then then increase 1 stitch on each needle.  I am knitting them 2aaT on one circular using Magic Loop method.  I hope that I can keep that going.  If the pattern is too "circular" and crosses the needles more than once, I will have to switch to 2 circulars.  That is what I did with my Red Willow Socks (Osier Socks).  After the ribbing, I had to separate them. 

12 Days until Christmas!

C. A. Losi

No comments:

Post a Comment