Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dyeing Day

Hello:

Haven't posted for a few days as I frantically finished up my last few HPKCHC class projects, and got ready for the Eastside Stitchers Babies x 4 Shower.

Our Eastern-most member, Redbird1, is in town for the Babies x 4 shower.  One of the fun things we did was a yarn dying day at VanesaPolo's house.  Wajio provided a lot of the stuff and all of the knowledge.


We bought natural yarn and sock blanks from Knit Pick.

My photos of the event are a bit scattered, as I mostly photographed my own dying process, since I planed to turn in my skeins for HPKCHC classes, and you have to show how you dyed the yarn.

I do have some (rather bad) photos of what some of the group was doing:

Redbird1 ripped out some yarn for overdyeing. 

She did not like the original color.  Wireknitting actually did the dyeing, but I didn't get a photo of the finished product.

Skeinherder dyed yarn in a jar.
She got a very pretty lavender color.
VanesaPolo dyed a skein by squirting red dye made of Kool-Aid.



VanesaPolo also dyed a sock blank in rainbow colors.
I dyed one skein of yarn in a Jar:



I used blue dye on one side and red on the other.
 
My other dyeing project was a sock blank.  I basically made splotches of color.
I love how it came out:


I love my new yarn colors!

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the world with hand dyed yard.



No comments:

Post a Comment