Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Quiet Night for Eastside Stitchers

Hello:

We had a gloriously cool day today, a bit of rain, clouds until mid-afternoon, and cool cool cool temperatures again.  My kind of summer day.

One thing or another led to a quiet evening at Crossroads.    The mall itself was rather quiet, perhaps everyone was outside enjoying the gorgeous evening.  When Colleen and I left, at about 8:45 pm, it was still so light out that I didn't need to turn on my headlights (of course I did anyway, I am a safe driver).

It was quiet at our stitching table, as well.  We spend a lot of time talking about sleeping, or lack thereof.  But, mostly, we stitched.  This makes for a pretty quick post.

Colleen brought her pink practice sweater.  She is working on the bands.  It is really coming along well.

Wajio was working on something secret.
LauraFranH brought a Potato Chip Scarf.
CathieC brought a Potato Chip Scarf.  Wait, didn't I just type that?  It was deja vu all over again.
The thing is, of course, that Potato Chip Scarves are pretty nice social knitting.  I need to start one.  I have decided that I just can't bring anything complicated.  I mean, my Garden Path socks from Tour de Sock are NOT complicated.  But, every time I bring them, I spend the next day tinking EVERY row I knit at Crossroads.  I save time by not bringing them to work on.   Tonight I worked on the Harry Potter Gryffindor Scarf from the first book.

WireKnitter  was knitting another beautiful shawl.  Sorry, I didn't get the name, but I took a close up of her work (well as nice of a close up my little camera can handle ).  The "wrong" side of the fabric is as pretty as the "right" side.


The two moms-to-be who made it to Crossroads (someone was napping... not mentioning names, you know who you are...) were working on sweaters for their expected babies.

Vanesapolo is knitting a LadyLike Cardigan
And Hrvdmnky was working on a Mira Sweater (#2 for this pattern).

Next week we will meet on Wednesday, as usual, but then on Thursday, we will meet at the Mariners Game for the annual Stitch n Pitch.  Hope to see you there.  Not sure what I will be working on, something not too complicated, I hope.  I will try to post what I plan to bring here so if you see my project, please stop by and say hi.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with not enough sleep (back to my penultimate row...)




No comments:

Post a Comment