Friday, March 16, 2012

wHeart like a wHeel

2012.03.16 Fuji Cherry



Hello!  f1beristas!

Today I rode 6.67 miles while knitting on the sleeves of the sweater for my friend, Lewk.  Remember that sweater?  The neverending sweater?  Yes, well, I knit a bit more of the sleeves while I rode my bike towards Portland.  Ok, I was not really riding a bike to Portland, I was riding an exercise bike at the Y, but thinking about my daughter, S, who is attending Portland State University.  

They are on the quarter system, and she is busy busy busy with finals right now.  BUT!  she gets a week off after that, and since she finishes next week, she will take the train home on Thursday in the afternoon, and Thursday night, S, L, the Doc, and I will all attend the midnight opening of The Hunger Games.  I got the book for Christmas two years ago, and really enjoyed the trilogy, though I thought it was a bit ... violent.  And I really didn't like that.  As a writer for children, I did not think these were children's or even really young adult books.  They are more... books about teens for adults.  But, that being said, I still enjoyed the characters, and the story was gripping.

We love to go to midnight openings.  For the last Harry Potter movie, I got to the movie theater at noon, and was THIRD IN LINE!  Of course I brought my knitting.  I sat there from noon until midnight, and wasn't bored at all.  I'm trying to remember what I was working on.  Probably the Dr. Who Scarf I made for my friend, Aelfric, who is the Enigma Legion chanter in Aion.  To tell the truth, I think I was working on that scarf all that fall.  If I do say so, it came out beautifully.  

Since I am picking S up at about 3, we won't be able get to the theater to get in line any earlier than about 4pm.  But, what ever time we get there, you can be sure that I will bring knitting.  And, a chair.

WIP's

Today I worked on the heels, or wHeels, of the socks I am knitting.  I think they all came out very nicely. 




Here is the Snuggly Socks from the Liz Marino Gift Knits Club.






I wish I had knit a bit tighter, but still, I think it looks quite nice.






And here are the Cobblestone Socks for the Doc, in the cotton/wool/nylon blend.  This pattern uses an Eye of Partridge wHeel, with a garter stitch border.  I do like that border.

I have picked up the gussets of all the socks, and am busy decreasing down to the real foot size.  It will go quickly once I am on the feet. 



Maybe all 3 socks will be finished by the end of the next week, and I can cast on the second Snuggly Sock.  I will have to order the yarn for and cast on the Snuggly Socks that are the match for my nephew, A, for his wedding.  It is too weird not to be working on 2 different sock pairs at all times.

Where in the World is f1bercat

Since I knitted 6.67 miles today, have now totaled 60.98 miles on my trip to California.  I decided to back track just a bit, since I want to "visit" an LYS in Lynnwood, Yorkshire Yarns.  I should reach them on Monday, and can't wait to see what they are all about.  Their store isn't physically there, well, I mean it IS there, but they are moving to a new location (the address I am visiting), and so aren't open right now.  But I plan to visit them anyway.

This is my progress on the trip map:




Have a great night.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet, one wHeel at a time

1 comment:

  1. I love that you went to the HP midnight showing so early! I nearly always bring my knitting to midnight showings, especially when we get there early :)
    You'll have to give a no spoiler review of the movie, as I'm not sure if I want to see it yet...

    ReplyDelete