Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Eastside Stitchers Meet Eastside Hookers

Hello, there!

Well, it happened.  While the Eastside Stitchers were happily knitting and hooking away at  Crossroads Mall , in Bellevue, who should walk by?  but 2 members of Eastside Hookers!  I hope I am getting their Ravatars correct here (Ravelry is down right now and I want to post this so I can't check), but they were MeenaBean, and DeboraS.  They told us that the Eastside Hookers crochet group meets mostly on Saturdays, and is a growing group.  We assured them that everyone was welcome to come join us on Wednesdays, and I hope they pass this on to their group. 

So... who was stitching at Crossroads tonight? 

In alphabetical order (since my computer organizes the photos that way):


Allifer got off work early.  She brought a finished placemat, and was working on a second one.
















Amigirl brought a lace shawl in a delicious orange sherbet.  I am not sure if she knit more or tinked more tonight, but it was great to see her.













Cleothyla and Colleen were both knitting mint ice cream baby blankets.  I guess great minds think in the same color.  Cleothyla's will be a circular blanket, and Colleen's a lace rectangular.


Cleo's circular baby blanket
Colleen's lace baby blanket













A new stitcher joined the group.  GwenS brought a cowl.  She told us she has only been knitting since November.  Wow, look how even her stitches are! 



Jenknotsed8 brought a colorwork hat.  She was working on knitting with 2 colors, and practicing how to hold the yarns.  I will wait for Jen to perfect the technique, then get her to teach me.  I have always wanted to learn stranded knitting.







This cup represents MsWiz.  Yes, she was there.  Yes, she was knitting.  No, I am not going to tell you or show you what she had brought.  Shhhhhh!  It's a secret.  I will only say she knit at least 4 inches.



This horribly out of focus shot is a crocheted flower.  I don't know why I do this to new members (or returning in this case) of Eastside Stitchers.  But PamelaMama just happened to be at Crossroads with her sons, saw us stitching, and stopped to join in.  Of course she had yarn and a hook in her bag!  She quickly hooked a flower from some Noro Yarn (this end of the yarn made the first flower a bit.. dark). 




So happy to see all the people who showed up to stitch tonight.  I hope that more of you will give us a try. It is always nice to meet others who understand our obsession with yarn, and appreciate the wonder of all we create.



On to my bike trip!

I stitched about 5.3 miles this morning.  I worked on the sleeves of the Red Hot Sweater for Lewk.  I finished the cuff ribbing.  I have cast them both on the same circular needle, and hope to knit them together 2-at-a-Time.  I was a bit nervous about having 2 yarns while pedaling, but it worked fine (after one brief moment where I knit up the yarn tail instead of the working yarn.)  Almost as importantly, I reached Renton, WA.


View Larger Map

Renton is the home of one of our area's Boeing Aerospace Plants.  It is also home to our Museum of Flight, and most importantly, to my family, The Evergreen City Ballet.

ECB (as we call it) has a special place in my heart.  Not only is it a great regional ballet company, but my sons performed in their Nutcracker Ballet two years.  When my sons, J and L,  switched from taking ballet at the Pacific Northwest Ballet School. to their private ballet coach, we knew there would not really be any chance to perform, the new studio was just too small.  Then, Kevin Kaiser, the Artistic Director of ECB asked the boys to come audition.  He cast both boys in The Nutcracker, and we had 2 fun years performing with this wonderful company.  It was fun and a great learning experience for the boys.  Here is J as the Cavalier. 

So, Hello, Renton!  Tomorrow I will  virtually visit a LYS in Renton, and then Pedal on my way South.

This is how far I've traveled to date:


View Larger Map



Good night.

f1bercat
Shaping the planet one new hooking friend at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment