Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The One Where I Vent About Daylight Savings Time

I hate Daylight Savings Time.

There I said it.  I love the Fall Back day, and the week that follows it where you wake up early and still feel rested.  Of course, we don't need the sun setting any earlier here.  In the winter, it is pretty dark here by 4:30 pm.  And so what if the sun doesn't rise until 8:30 am?  I mean, kids have to wait for the bus in the dark anyway. 

But the really bad part is in the Spring when we Jump Ahead 1 hour.  That happened last weekend.  It's Tuesday.  I feel like I flew to France or something.  My body just doesn't want to adjust to the new time. First of all, I overslept and missed Mass on Sunday.  Then I couldn't fall asleep Sunday night.  Then, somehow, yesterday, I got up at 7 which wasn't too bad since I usually get up at 6, but then I just couldn't sleep again last night.  I went to bed at about 11:30 pm which wasn't great but not horrible.  And I woke up at 5 am.  Ugh!  So I got up and went to the Y to knit another 35 min. (More on that later.)  I did lots of financial organizing to get ready to do the taxes. And at 11 am I was knitting on the Cobblestone Socks for the Doc.  I played a little Aion, did the pvp (player vs player) instance called Dredgion where 2 teams try to kill certain monsters on the same ship while either avoiding or killing each other) and we won.  Some of my legion got on and we did a quest together.  THEN I TOOK A NAP!  I had to go lie down.  I was falling asleep while playing Aion, and since I am the legion cleric and in charge of healing the group, that is not a good thing.

I am awake now, but have that drugged feeling you get when you sleep in the middle of the day.  UGH! So,

Where in the World is f1bercat?

Yesterday I reached 34.74 miles.  Today I again knit for 35 minutes (and they were hell, well the last 5 were for some horrible reason.  My body just does not want to exercise for 35 minutes) and 6.48 miles so adding that up, I have reached a grand total of 41.22 miles.  I feel a bit like a toddler reporting hundredths, but I need every fraction of those miles to count.

Today I reached Unraveled Yarn and Artful Gifts in Federal Way, WA.

I love their website!  it's so welcoming and well, like a blog. The shop is owned by three sisters sharing their love of fiber and crafting with each other and the community.  Isn't that wonderful?  They have a Night Knit Night, and a day Sit and Knit time.  Some really yummy yarns, as well as specialty items like Handmade Knitting Needles.  They have a nice calendar full of really cool classes with some special projects like needle felting * note to self - Learn Needle Felting. 

After my virtual visit, I continued riding.  I need to get every bit of mileage possible.  I made it to here:





Here is my progress on the full map:



WIP's

I have another FO to report.  I finished another Berry Baby Hat by Michele Sabitier for the Sharing our Gifts Group on Ravelry.  This hat is the Blueberry one that I started  last week, Monday.  I love this pattern.  So cute. So fast.  It is the perfect project to knit while I ride.  I was working on the Lewk Never Ending Sweater of No Return, but I don't really like how uneven the stitch tension is.  It's... ok, but not great.  The berry hat is so small and easy and just round and round, so I can keep the tension much more even. 


I cast on another one in pink, and am already almost to the leaf part.  I think tomorrow it will be long enough to add the green.  I might be able to make a hat every week this way.  There will be lots of babies wearing berry hats.  Good thing it's so cute.

Have a great evening.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet (when she's not napping) one blueberry hat at a time

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your Daylight Savings problem! I'm terrible at going to bed on time, and that just screws with my waking up on time even more.
    Happier note: the berry hats are awesome!

    ReplyDelete