Friday, March 23, 2012

The One Where I see The Hunger Games (no spoilers)

2012.03.23


Where in the World is f1bercat?

Today I only knit 6.05 miles which puts me at 95.15 miles. 




Ok, I stopped at 33 minutes.  I didn't knit that last 2 minutes because I stayed up until 3 am then woke up at 7.  I thought it heroic to make it to the Y at all.  Right?  I just want you all to notice that I am closing in on 100 miles knitted!  I will totally hit that on Monday.  PARTY TIME!

WIP
The knitting bag my daughter, Allifer, crocheted for me
Why was I up so late?  I was at the midnight show of The Hunger Games!  I got to the theater at 5:00 pm and was first in line!  I brought my knitting, of course, and worked on the Red Hot Sweater, and the Cobblestone Socks for Doc.  Here is a photo of me waiting in line:












And another photo about 15 min later:
(my daughter, S, brought me a chair)

Finally, at about 5:30 another person showed up.  She said, "Crap!  I'm not first."  The two of us were the only people in line until about 6:30 (when they let us in out of the freezing cold.)  My son, L , joined us, and S came back to sit and wait with me.  Then the line started to grow. 




Who was there?

                                

                                         Why, Katniss, of course!




                 And, Katniss,








 and Katniss














This was the line at about 9 pm.















No spoilers.  I enjoyed the movie a lot.  But, it is very dark, violent, and sad.  It is not for kids.  The acting was excellent. 

Here I am on the big map:



Still squished at the top...

Have a great night.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet one midnight movie at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment