Thursday, March 15, 2012

Eastside Stitchers Meet for Pi Day or Beware the Ides of March

2012.03.15

Hello, F1beristas!

The Eastside Stitchers met yesterday at Crossroads Mall in Bellevue, as we do every Wednesday from about 4:30 pm ish until they toss us out at 9:45 pm ish.  Some people come early, some people come later.  All are welcome to join us for stitching, good food, laughs, and friends.

So?  The big question is, Who Was There and What Were They Working On?

Chockelet was working on her knitted chess set, but the exciting news is she brought her Spinning!  Her first spinning attempt on her new Fricke wheel was some "Superwash Blue-Faced Leicester combed top. The colorway is Lace Fan, and it is from Llady Llama Fiber Co on Etsy"

here is what it looked like unspun:















And here is her finished product!



Isn't it beautiful?  Chockelet is hoping to bring her drop spindle next week and give us a demonstration.












Colleen brought another fun fur scarf:
















Cleothyla was knitting a Brambles Hat:














Cleothyla was wearing her beautiful Pinwheel sweater: 

















Our own Jenknotsed8 was knitting her very first pair of 2aaT Toe Up Socks!

You Go Girl!










Ellyol started, well tried to start, her first crocheted top, but was having trouble counting the chain.

It's 1, 2, 3, 4, Ellyol, just in case you need some more help. 








She finally gave up and switched to a baby version of her octopus hat.  She had brought the FO to show and tell:


Later on, as we were walking out, I spotted Ellyol in the mall with her hat on.  So cute.






Allifer was there, but as she came pretty late, running in for the last 30 minutes, I FORGOT to photograph the place mat she was hooking.  I am such a bad mom.

OOOOO MsWiz was there, of course.  But again, she was knitting a surprise, so I can't show her WIP.  She will again be represented by this coffee cup, as that is what she was drinking.









Remember, there is lots of room at the table for more.  And, if we fill it up, we will simply drag over another table.


Where in the World is f1bercat?

Today I knit a total of 6.35 miles for a total of 54.34 miles.  This puts me about here:


View Larger Map

Look!  I am right at the tip of Joint Base Lewis-McChord!  This is the base where my friend Lewk is stationed, when he is in the country.  O No!  I had better get knitting on his sleeves.


View Larger Map




On the big map, I am here:


View Larger Map

It looks like I am about 1/3 of the way to Portland.  Wow, I can sort of (sort of, I mean if I am really optimistic) see some progress!

Good night!  It's 11:42 pm and I am still having trouble falling asleep.

Darn you Daylight Savings!

F1bercat
shaping the planet one stitching group at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment