Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The One Where I Learn How To Link A Map.... Sort of


View Larger Map

Hello!  So the map is the first thing, because I can't figure out how to make it come lower on the blog, and I am afraid to try to replicate it.

Life will therefore come first today.

I have knitted another 5 miles on the exercise bike at the Y, and I am finally out of Bellevue, my hometown.  I am sitting on a corner in Newcastle, at least I think it's Newcastle.  There are no markers for when you cross city boundaries in GoogleMaps that I can find.  I found a city boundary map, but if I expand it enough to find my spot on the street, the city boundaries disappear.  Anyway, I am pretty sure I am in Newcastle.  The next map shows my progress on the trip.





View Larger Map


I hope to figure out how to make the trip map show up in the sidebar.  We shall see if I can get it right.  A very long time ago I learned Basic Programming.  I once knew a bit of Machine Language, too, and believe me, that was a tough one because it was all in base 16.  I also learned Fortran when I was at Notre Dame, but what I need right now is HTML. =)

Anyway, wow, I have ridden the bike a bit over 10 miles and kept to my trip for 2 days in a row.  Yay for me.  Tomorrow I hope to make it to Renton, and on Thursday, I will visit a yarn shop there.


WIP

The only piece I'm going to talk about today is the Red Hot Sweater for my friend Lewk.  

I have actually cast off the front.  Yay.

If you will remember, I am using a pattern by Norah Gaughan from Vogue Knitting: Very Easy Knits.  It is the Textured Pullover.


I did the neck decreases this morning, with much help from the great blog, TechKnitting.  One of the many reasons I love this blog is that the writer, TechKnitter, uses these great graphics to explain how to do stuff.  She also has a wonderful index of all of the topics she has covered.  I simply went to the index and looked for binding off.  I used 2 pages of explanations for binding off in the middle of fabric, Part 1, how to start it, and Part 2, how to finish and continue on knitting.


It mostly came out pretty smooth:

 



 I know that any uneven spots will be hidden when I pick up for the collar ribbing.  I hope.










So here are the front and back:
Unblocked, I hope I don't need to add.  I have not yet cast on the sleeves, but I will do that tomorrow (after my bike ride), because tomorrow is Eastside Stitchers at Crossroads Night, and I must bring something new.  Well, the sleeves are new?  Right?  I mean they are a new part of this sweater.  


So, great progress on both my trip to California (ha!  10 miles ), my HTML programming, and my Red Hot Sweater.  


Sleep well tonight.


f1bercat
shaping the planet one web page at a time

















No comments:

Post a Comment