Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hint of Spring Round Photos




These are the Round Photos for the March 12 in. Square for the 2012BAMCAL (Block A Month Crochet A Long) Group on Ravelry. I am not doing a full tutorial because, though you have to read them carefully, I think the instructions are fine. The only problem is that they leave out the Slip Stitches to finish off each round, and the ch2 or ch1/sc to start new rounds. The designer assumes that you know to do that. I only added instructions when I thought something was missing, or I was changing color. Please go to the design's page for the full instructions.

Here is the information on the square and the link to the design:

Hint of Spring
2012BAMCAL 12 in Square for March
by Sally Ives (CrochetSal on Ravelry)
Her website is here.


I would like to thank Sally Ives for generously making this design free, and posting it on the web.

She recommends hook size G (4.5mm), but my first attempt at this square did not hit 12 in, so I am hooking this with a size H (5.0 mm).

It is gray and rainy (well! I do live in the Pacific Northwest), so let's see how the photos come out...



She says to start with a chain 4 ring, but since I learned the Magic Ring, that's how I love to start these squares. 










Round 1



Round 1: I started this with ch2, then did not count it as part of the 12 dc. Followed instructions. Joined with ss. 









Round 2
Round 2: ch1, first sc in same space as ss join. Followed Instructions. Joined with ss in first sc. 













Round 3

Round 3: began with ch 2 (did not count it as a dc). Followed Instructions. Joined with ss in first dc. FO (Finish Off) 









Round 4: started with Red with a sc in ch1 sp. 







Round 4


Followed Instructions. Joined with a ss in first sc. 









Round 5: ss to first ch 1 sp, 









Round 5

then ch 2 (I did not count this as the first dc). Followed instructions. Joined with ss in first sc, and FO. 








Round 6: Joined White with sc in 1st dc of corner.









Round 6

Followed instructions. I joined with a ss in the first sc, and FO








Round 7: Joined Blue with sc in the center dc of a 5 dc corner. (that sc counted as my first sc).











Round 7



Followed Instructions. Fastened with a ss in the first sc, and FO. 








Round 8: Joined White with ss in first sc of the 3 corner sc's, ch 2 (which I do not count as my first dc), and dc in same st. 







Round 8
Followed Instructions. Joined with a ss in the first dc.












Round 9: Ch 2 (I did not count this as my first dc), then Dc in same st as join. 







Round 9
Followed Instructions. Joined with ss in first dc and FO.








Round 10: Joined Red with ss in the center dc of any corner 5 dc, ch 2 (which I do not count as my first dc), then 5 dc in same stitch. 








Round 10
Followed Instructions. Joined with ss in first dc, then FO. 








Round 11: Joined White with ss in center dc of any 5dc corner, ch2 (which I do not count as my first dc), 5 dc same stitch. 







Round 11
Follow Instructions. Fasten with ss in first dc, FO. 














Round 12: Joined Blue in a center corner dc with a ss, chained 2 (not counting this!), 5 dc in same st. Followed Instructions and FO. 


Round 12 and Finished Block



Thank you, again, to Sally Ives for sharing her design.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the planet one more afghan block a month

P.S. I was checking this post as a preview, and laughing at how the photos get lighter and darker.  Well, it was raining, and the day darkened and lightened as I took them.  Also, I was racing the setting sun at the end.  I am amazed that the photo at the top, of the 2 blocks, came out as well as it did.  Also, I experimented with photo size in the post, making the finished round photos bigger than the teaching photos.  I would appreciate comments on whether or not this is helpful, or just irritating.  I can't decide if I like it or not.

Thanks again, f1bercat

No comments:

Post a Comment