Thursday, March 22, 2012

One Eastside Stitcher Spins (the rest knit)

2012.03.22
Hello,  f1beristas!

Eastside Stitchers
Last night the  Eastside Stitchers  met, as usual, at Crossroads Mall, in Bellevue, WA.  People started arriving at about 3:30 pm, and well, I'm not sure how late they stayed since I had to leave at 8 pm to go defend a fort.  (Long story, especially if you do not play on-line games).  But, who was there, and more importantly, what were they working on?

In no particular order:

Cleothyla started a pair of lace i phone Mitts.
 She brought her second Brambles Beret, as well,












and this really cool tool for making cord called a Lucet 









Chockelet brought some recently spun yarn to share, some fiber,
















AND her drop spindles for a demonstration

















MsWiz brought a WIP that I can actually post as it is not a secret.  It is the lace shawl she tried to start a few weeks ago, but couldn't because counting and Eastside Stitchers, do NOT go together.











KateSchechter showed up.  She has been working on some fiberbombing projects in Redmond, WA, and was working on a swatch for a new stripe for one of the trees.








Colleen brought another Fun Fur Scarf.  She is making these for the YMCA's fund raiser.  Did I mention that I saw Colleen at the Y last week?  It was one of those weird seeing your teacher at the mall experiences.  She recognized me right away because I had my knitting bag with me, since I am knitting while riding the exercise bike.  But as she did NOT have any knitting, I had one of those, is that Colleen??, moments.







She also brought another mint baby blanket.  She makes these in super soft yarn for preemies.










Guess what I was working on?  You are right!  Sweater sleeves.

Where in the World is f1bercat?
Today I knit for 6.43 miles and reached 89.1 total miles knit!    On my way south, I stopped by Faith, Fiber & Friends Yarn Shop and Fiber Arts Studio, in Yelm, WA.  


They have a farm!  16 alpacas, chickens, and a babydoll sheep.    They carry handspun yarns, and process and spin their own fiber from their own alpacas.  They mix it with other fibers, too, like wool, cashmere, and angora.  And that is not all, they also carry a nice selection of "factory" yarns.  The owner, Rustine, is very nice.  Remember, if you stop by, tell her, hi from f1bercat.

and on the big map:


View Larger Map

It's funny, I think I am making progress.  And, then I look at the big map, and I am still all squished up at the top.  Well, nothing to do but keep knitting.  At least I am no longer stuck on the side of the road by   Lewis-McChord.

Yours,
f1bercat
shaping the world, one successful fort defense at a time

(time to go take a nap)

No comments:

Post a Comment