Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Eastside Knitters Guild (EKG) Meets at Crossroads Mall 2012.03.26


2012.03.27


The Eastside Knitters Guild met at Crossroads Mall for their monthly meeting.  The guild meets on the last Monday of each month (except when that day is a holiday), from 6:30 - 8:30 in the Crossroads Community Room right across from the Hallmark's Stationary Store.

Last night 3 members gave a presentation on the Knitting Guild Association's Master Knitters Program.

It was a great presentation, and I am definitely going to join TKGA, and probably do the Basics Basics Basics program.  Someone, probably my mom, taught me to knit a long time ago.  After that, I used the diagrams and photos in books to help me understand how to do certain stitches, read charts, etc.  Last year (ok, I'm super late to this) I discovered the wonder of the crafting world on the Internet, especially Ravelry and YouTube.  My knitting has improved so much this year, it is simply bizarre. I know there are many "right" ways to knit, and from this demonstration, that is not what TKGA Master's program is about.  It is about how things look.  Participants are encouraged to learn more than one method to make their swatches.  To experiment with other countries' styles, etc.  If I am going to continue on my knitting journey, I want to get good at it.

So... Who was at the meeting, and what were their WIP's? 



Xooberknitter brought a Log Cabin Blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting in some Zitron Prisma mohair yarn.











Kerseymere was working on a Wisconsin Winter Hat.













 Betty A. brought some Christmas Stockings for Operation Holiday Stocking.












So, did Linda B.












This is the beginning of a Baby Shoulderette, started by Sue C.










Kim W worked on a newborn hat














Wajio brought a washcloth












Donna D was knitting a Saturday Market Bag












Char was stitching a hat (Lots of hats in this group last night)











Donna 2 brought a hat












AND, Janet was working on a hat










 Constance, just to be different, was working on some socks, BUT, she brought a berry baby hat to show and tell!

 
















and Doris had a lace scarf.

I know I didn't get everyone's work photographed.  I was disrupting the meeting enough, and Chiqueeey, I am indeed sorry about that.  I need to figure out a better way to get to everyone, without being so noisy...






Where in the World is f1bercat?

Today, I knit 7.15 miles and reached 109.32 total miles on my trip.  I am almost to my next LYS, Yarn & Things, in Chehalis, WA.  I should reach that shop tomorrow.


Here I am on the big map. I took out all of the stops except where I reached today.  I can see the progress.  Can you?



I'm thinking of changing the name of my blog to f1bercat .  It wouldn't change how to find me, I don't think, because the URL is in my real name anyway.  It would just change the name in the top of the blog.  And maybe I will look for a cute photo of my cats.  Any thoughts?

yours,
f1bercat
shaping the world with knitting friends

No comments:

Post a Comment