Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The One Where I Watch NCIS

2012.03.20 Fuji Cherry


Hello!  f1beristas!

Short blog today.  There is a new NCIS (a television show in the USA, for those of you who live elsewhere) on.  The Doc is thrilled, and wants me to watch it with him.

WIP:

I could go on and on about errors, and fixing them while riding an exercise bike, and how what should be fairly auto-pilot knitting, became serious driving a stick shift in rush hour traffic on the 5 freeway in Seattle.  But, I am going to talk about mice instead.

I remade my amigurumi attempt at a mouse... you might remember the ROUS I made a few weeks ago?  I dropped down hook size to a 2.75 mm and killed my shoulder hooking as absolutely tightly as possible.  And well, here is the result:


The mouse is supposed to be 3 in. excluding the tail.  I think it is about 5 in. I am not using the recommended yarn which is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran.  Instead I am using some Deborah Norville yarn that was on sale.  Doesn't she crochet?  This yarn is soft, but super splitty.  I am not sure how it is a "crochet" yarn. 

Anyway, I am going to bring it to Eastside Stitchers tomorrow night, and let one of our amigurumi experts give me some advice.

I will learn how to hook these!

Where in the World is f1bercat?

Today, although I was having a bit of trouble figuring out the rib and welt pattern on the sweater from hell..., I mean the Red Hot Sweater for Tony, I only knit for about 37 minutes, or 6.81 miles.  Which brings my total miles to 75.88. I am not sure what I will do when I hit 100.  Some type of party, for sure.

So where am I?


Wow, I am stuck on the same road!  The Joint Base is huge.  I will probably be stuck riding along side it tomorrow, also.  Unless I stay on that bike, longer.  Ha, fat chance.

And here is the big map, just for consistency.




So, have a good night, everyone.

f1bercat
shaping the planet, one NCIS at a time

1 comment:

  1. For amigurumi, I would say use something cheap first. I never use expensive yarn for amis, unless it is supposed to be special or something. and I nearly always use a G or H hook, and they come out pretty firm with tight stitches. AllAboutAmi on Rav has some great patterns, I always look at hers first :) HTH

    ReplyDelete