Monday, March 31, 2014

knitting for babies

My Fuji Cherry trees are blooming!

Now, I feel like Spring is here.

I'm supposed to be taking a break from knitting while I wait for Round 2 of Sock Madness to begin.  But, my Godson and his Bride are expecting their first baby, my sister's first Grand-Daughter, and my first Grand-Niece (ha ha ha I have 3 Grand-Nephews).  The baby shower is this weekend, so I needed to get something finished super fast. 

I made the Mermaid costume for this baby
and dropped it off when I was last down in So. California.  I wanted to send something handmade for the shower, as well.  So, this weekend, I knit up two hats and 3 pair of socks.




The most fun ones to make were, of course, the striped ones.
The hat is a mini version of the Turn a Square Hat by Jared Flood.  I cast on 64 stitches.  The stripes are 2 rows of lavender and 3 rows of pink. Super fast and easy.

The white and pink socks are just miniature adult socks.  They have ribbed legs, slip stitch heel flaps, and gussets.

I made them to be for the baby when she is newborn, so they are pretty small.  I used worsted weight yarn, and only cast on 20 stitches total for each sock.

I wanted the striped socks to last a bit longer, so I cast on 28 stitches for each sock.  They  have a short row heel, and I used the Fish Lips Kiss method of "wrapping" really not wrapping the stitches in the short rows.
Fast, fun, and cute baby projects.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with 3 more pair of socks!  (ok, they are tiny, but still socks)









1 comment: