Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I can explain... or Vogue Knitting Live: Seattle/Bellevue Wrap up

Hello:

I made it to the last hour of Vogue Knitting Live:  Seattle/Bellevue without buying a thing.  And let me tell you that was not easy.  We were right across from Jimmy Beans Wool and boy do they know how to present gorgeous yarn.  I walked around the Market every day, and there were more shops this year than last, and really, just beautiful yarns presented beautifully. 

But I have so much yarn.  I really don't need any.

The reception from knitters to our Eastside Guild booth was just wonderful.  It was fun to meet people and chat about what the Guild does.
Chiqeeey and I were there all three days, supporting the guild members who were working the booth, and taking turns so they could have a chance to see the Market.


One of the most fun things was seeing all of the beautiful knit- and crochet-wear that people displayed.  When Guild members bought yarn, they would bring it to the booth, and show that off, too.  Or what ever they bought.  Some bought really fun jewelery made from old metal knitting needles.

But, I held off.  I don't need yarn.

Then, the shops started discounting the yarn on the last day, and I just had to look.  I stopped by the Little Knits booth, and fell in love with their "sock weight" yarn, Sockulent.  It's 100% merino extrafine superwash.  Ha ha ha the color is:  7.  The skeins hold 448 yds/100 g and they were $11.99 a skein.  I bought 4 skeins for my 2104 Advent Calendar Scarf.  Now I just need to find some beads and I'm all set for next December.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet by planning way ahead.



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe shucks! Thanks so much for the mention! Such a fun show to be a part of! :) -Kristen from Jimmy Beans Wool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great write up on the VLK weekend. I am so glad you were there by my side the whole time. I really enjoyed it. I am only anonymous because I couldn't figure out how to use my ravelry name. Duh.
    Chiqeeey

    ReplyDelete