Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday Eastside Stitchers

I'm in such a fog today, that I didn't even get a photo of the Cascades.  We have had such gorgeous sun the last 2 days.  The mountains are beautiful, and with the time change to Daylight Savings (I was too sick to do my yearly rant about that), I finally have light in the late afternoon.

Anyway, I dragged my body off to Crossroads for the Wednesday meet up of Eastside Stitchers.  I had an ulterior motive, though.  I brought 100 copies of VanesaPolo's Eastside Hat pattern and plastic sleeves.  The Eastside Knitters Guild is giving away copies of the pattern at our Guild booth at Vogue Knitting Live: Seattle/Bellevue this coming weekend.  I had the copies made, and a bunch of donated plastic sleeves from Chiqeeey.  But, I needed help getting the patterns into the sleeves.  Thank you, Wajio, JulieMustKnit and Chockelet for all the help.  It would have taken me forever, otherwise.

At one point in the evening, we had so many people we were debating whether or not to add a second of the large round tables.  I looked up and noticed that everyone was squished together at the end of the table away from me, and that I had quite a bit of room on both sides of me.  Ha ha ha ha I don't blame everyone, I would feel horrible if anyone caught this cold.  Because of the cold, I only stayed until 7 instead of the usual closing time of 9 pm.

Wajio brought her Straightforward Mitts.  She is knitting these in Shibui Marino and Silk.
JulieMustKnit brought some mitts, too.  Well, they are not officially mitts, but "gauntlets."  They are the Chevron Gauntlets by Annette Caughman.  The pattern is from Happy Knits in Portland, the yarn is from Vancouver, BC, Canada.  These will be truly Pacific Northwest Mitts.
Tara1682 brought her beautiful lace shawl.  Not sure what the pattern is called, but the work is just so lovely.
Readnitdream joined us tonight.  She was knitting lace, as well.  I took one look at her project and thought, "That looks mighty familiar."  And it is!  She is knitting an Echo Flower Shawl in Malabrigo Lace.
That was the first real lace pattern I ever knit.  It should turn out beautiful.

BlueBerryMary brought the beginnings of a sweater for her nephew.  She took one of his drawings, of a teddy bear, copied it onto graph paper, and is going to put it on the sweater using intarsia.  I can't wait to see how this comes out.
Alphabetadell was just starting a new crochet project.  This will be an Apple Blossom Dress.
Gwen Schweitzer has started a cowl for Malabrigo March.  This is the Foolproof Cowl by Louise Zass- Bangham.
It's a good beginning!

Chockelet also brought a Malabrigo March project.  She brought an Ashburn Shawl.
Of course the yarn is Malabrigo.

DomesticShorthair showed up just as I was leaving.  I didn't have time to see what she was knitting, but when she wasn't looking, I grabbed a quick photo inside her bag.  ha ha ha ha, everyone must be in the blog!

That's all, I'm going to try for a relatively early night as I'm working all day tomorrow.  Then, it's Vogue Knitting Live all weekend.  I hope that some of you who read this blog who are not in the Eastside Stitchers will check out the Guild booth and say hi.  I hope to be there most of the weekend.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with great helpers.









No comments:

Post a Comment