Thursday, March 6, 2014

More Socks

Hello:

Today is my last day in Southern California.  It has been a very quiet trip.  Well, except for the dinners.  I have been so happy to have much of my extended family show up for dinners this week.  Last night my Cousin, his Wife (a knitter!!) and my Aunt brought dinner.  My sister, her daughter, and grandson, all joined us.  It was so much fun to catch up.

Tonight, I made dinner.  My parents, sister, nieces and their kids, all joined us.
In between cooking, eating, and hanging with the family, I've been knitting.  I am on the 2nd color of my High Plains Drifter Shawl.
This just shows the first color, but I have attached the light blue and have about 1 inch already.  I have also been working on the first round for Sock Madness, the Brucie Socks. 

I have finished the ribbing, the first pattern, and have about 1/2 in of the 2nd pattern.  This pattern is not that stretchy, so I added 8 stitches (it's a 4 stitch repeat).  The "scale stitch" is slow and fiddly, but I love how it looks.  I'll try to get a photo of that part tomorrow, but with flying home, I might have to wait until Saturday.

I wanted to show the finished photo of the Basket Weave Socks that I made for my brother.  I finished sewing up the toes after midnight right before I had to leave for So. Cal. so I never got a good photo of them on my sock blockers.  But, this is what they look like:
In addition to the basket weave stitch pattern, they have a Eye of Partridge Heel with a garter stitch border.  The yarn is a  bit darker than shows in this photo.  They fit him really well, and he is wearing them right now.

I have yarn for one more pair, and if I make striped socks using the left over  bits from the 3 skeins I bought to make him socks, I should be able to get out another pair.  That would be 4 pair of socks for him.  I'm so happy he likes them.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with socks




No comments:

Post a Comment