Friday, March 28, 2014

Finished Round 2

Hello:

It rained all day today.  I worked as a Teachers' Aide at a wonderful private school in Medina.  For the first hour and a half, I sharpened pencils.  I kid you not.  Actually, it was a peaceful way to spend the morning.  Then, I had to take 4 periods of recess duty.  They have a nice large area with a garden (not planted, yet) and fruit trees that are just beginning to blossom out.  Even though it was raining, the students still went out for recess.  They don't have a covered area, like my kids' elementary school.  Instead, they have bins of umbrellas, or bumbershoots as we call them.  Some kids, and all three supervising teachers, held these large umbrellas as we walked around.  But about 1/3 of the kids just played in the rain.  It wasn't cold.  They had so much fun.

I sometimes knit when I supervise recess.  But, because of the rain, I didn't get any knitting done.  I had to work on the Round 1 socks, Diamond Shreddies, when I got home.  I finished the foot pattern, it's a repeat of the pretty cable pattern, last night, so this afternoon/evening, I knit about 1/2 inch more on the foot, and then knit and kitchenered the toes.

This photo is horrible  because it is with my camera's flash:
But, at least you can sort of see the cables. We have to email Sock Madness when we are finished with a link to our project page.  The project page must have a photo of the socks in progress, and a finished photo with a tape measure.

I'll try to take a better photo tomorrow, so you can see how pretty these are.  I love how the yarn, Redfish Dyeworks Silk Sock, feels.  And it shows the cables beautifully.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with a classroom full of sharp pencils, and some yellow socks.


No comments:

Post a Comment