Monday, March 17, 2014

Sock Madness Pre-lims and the NSA

Hello:

I've finished the Brucie socks which are the preliminary round socks for Sock Madness.  I turned them in, and have already gotten an email back saying that I will be placed on a team.

If you look closely you can see that I didn't do the heels quite right.  Mainly because  I thought there was only one pattern for the heel, and I repeated it like 8 times instead of 4 then knitting the second heel pattern.  But that didn't keep me out of the competition.

I tried these on, and they fit me pretty well.  I made them an inch longer than the competition called for (they wanted 9 inches) because I have long feet, and I knew I would get them finished in time, so I could make them fit.

Since the Preliminary round ends tomorrow (Tuesday, March 18), my guess is that the first round will start this weekend.  But maybe next weekend... we shall see.

NSA

I was watching the Walking Dead last week, and I texted Moogie and Pookie, "I hate the Govenor!"  Sorry to give a tiny spoiler, but I don't like that character at all. 

I got back these texts:

Moogie:  "I know!  I think it's so unfair they will pay for penis pumps but not for birth control!"

What????

She thought I was texting about some controversy about how Medicare will cover devices to help impotent men, but congress is always trying to not fund birth control. 

I explained that I was talking about the TV show.

Then I got another text:

Pookie:  Why do you hate the Government?

Me:  The Governor!  in the Walking Dead!

Pookie:  O!  My!  God!

Ok, so now I am sure that the NSA is monitoring my texts.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with a bugged phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment