Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Go Back To The Water...

COLD 2

The movie, Jaws 2, came out when I worked at Disneyland.  The posters for the movie had the slogan, Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the water... Jaws 2.  We seized on that great line and used it for just about everything.  For instance, the big annual employee party at Disneyland, the Banana Ball, was advertized as, "Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the Park... Banana Ball 2."  and so on.

Just as I was getting over my horrible messy cold, Doc took a trip to Florida to play golf (I know... tough life), and caught a cold that he blames on recycled airplane air.  He did not catch my horrible cold, but... I caught his.  I am back to non-stop nose blowing.  Ugh.


I am not doing much knitting/crochet right now.  I just finished the "Winter Term" for the HPKCHC, and was in such a frenzy of finishing projects for classes, that between all that and the Cold 2, I am exhausted.  I am still working on baby hats, as my Lenten "sacrifice" is to make one hat for charity every week of Lent.  When I get my act together, hopefully next week, I will hook together all of the afghan squares I have made since January.  More on that later.  I am currently working on 3 blankets, two crochet and one knit, and have not sewn/hooked any of them together.

One other thing.  Yesterday, at the tutor/sub job I'm doing this week, one of the students asked where my son, Pookie, is going to college.  You all know that I absolutely love that question.  I told her Princeton.  She said, "Where is that? I've never heard of that school."  Then, as I was trying to decide whether or not to explain that it is an Ivy League school, in New Jersey, or go into more detail, she went on..."O, by the look on your face, I guess I should have heard of it.  Is it a famous school, like WSU?  (Washington State University)" 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Ok,enough laughing.  I don't want to malign WSU.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with tissues.  Ugh!

1 comment:

  1. Great comment that - even I, far away in Scandinavia, know what Princeton is... It really says more about the student in question ;)

    ReplyDelete