Friday, March 14, 2014

Fast Fiber Friday, Vogue Knitting Live, Saved Socks

Hello:

First daffodil in my yard is up.

Today was a huge day, and I want to get this posted then go to bed because tomorrow will be big, too.

I made it to Crossroads for Fiber Friday this morning.  We had a nice group.  I love how people drop in as they can and as their schedules allow. 

Anerenbe brought her Follow Your Arrow Shawl.
She is knitting hers in one color, and I have to say that I like it in this gray.

Schrike brought a pair of socks.  The pattern is Fault Lines by Jennifer Beever, and the yarn is Eco Friendly Merino Sock from Crafters Co-Op on Whidbey Island.
BlueBerryMary has reached the feet of the teddy bear on the sweater she is crocheting.
Pam2 has reached the fingers, well the thumb, on the fingerless gloves she is knitting.  I am not sure of the name of the pattern, but the yarn is Heritage Sock in the color spruce.  They are just beautiful.
I left Crossroads at 11 (a bit early for me), so I could run over to Bellevue College to tutor a student.  Then from the college I headed straight to the Meydenbauer in downtown Bellevue for Vogue Knitting Live:  Seattle/Bellevue.

I had a large suitcase filled with knitwear, yarn, patterns, and so on for the Eastside Knitters Guild booth.  I arrived at about 3 and was the first person at our booth.
We were on "Guild Row" between the Seattle Knitters Guild

 and the Snohomish Knitters Guild

and right across from Jimmy Beans Wool.  Btw, the people in the Jimmy Beans booth are super nice.

I started unpacking the suitcase and shifting around the table.  Suzehil arrived shortly after, and then Chiqueeey came, with the new Guild Banner.

We got to work decorating the booth with donated knitwear,

 samples of our charity knitting,

and information on the guild.  I love how the booth looked when we finished.
We had a fairly steady stream of people asking for more information.  VanesaPolo's Eastside Hat pattern was a hit, and people seemed interested in our Raffle Basket of knitting goodies.  However, most people seemed interested in the purple baby hats! 

I don't know how many people stopped to ask about that charity.
The Mother Bear bears were also a hit.
We had a number of people seem genuinely interested in joining the Guild.  It was a great first day.

This morning, before I left for Crossroads, I tried to knit one repeat of the Sock Madness First Round socks, Brucie.  I only finished 3 of the 8 rows in the pattern when I realized that I had dropped a stitch on the sole side.
It was so tough to fix this dropped stitch even though it was all stockinette.  At one point, I thought I would just let it go, but I realized that it was right in the middle, and I could see it running all the way back to the top of the sock ribbing!  So I made myself just slowly, stitch by stitch, fix it.

Pretty good job.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet at Vogue Knitting Live all weekend long.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting a photo of our sock yarn from Whidbey Isle Yarns. We love seeing our hand dyed evolving into beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete