Sunday, March 2, 2014

High Plains Drifter

Hello:

I'm down in Southern California for a few days helping out at my brother's house.  I brought down the last part of my NEWT for HPKCHC, the High Plains Drifter shawl by Kirsten Hipskey.  I started this very easy shawl at SeaTac Airport before my 7:30 flight left this morning.  It has 2 rows of instructions that are repeated for the entire shawl.  And Row 1 is knit.  I frogged and restarted 3 times because of errors.  Ha ha ha ha I was so tired, but I finally got the thing started and am making progress.  I'll photograph it tomorrow so you can see.

The first yarn I am using is Huckleberry Knits Willow (her sock yarn) in a beautiful variegated purple with some blues mixed in.  The colorway is called "October Evening." 

When that skein is used up, I switch to a Sweet Georgia sock yarn in a turquoise-ish blue, named "Coastal."


followed by another Sweet Georgia sock yarn in a purple.
I was so tired this morning partially because I was up at 5 am to leave for the airport.  But also because I was up late winding all this yarn.  I wasn't sure which I was going to use for the first part, so I wound all 3 skeins.  I had forgotten how wonderful good yarn feels.  All three felt like butter, so soft and squishy, it is amazing they are worsted spun sock yarns with some nylon content. 

I decided to go with the lighter purple, by Huckleberry Knits, first.  The shawl will be in sort of reverse order of the three skeins in the photo above.

My goal is to finish it in 3 weeks.  I can do it!  And the first pattern for Sock Madness which should begin tomorrow... And my classes for HPKCHC.  And the last Quidditch match.

It's a lot of garter stitch... just saying.

Peace,
f1bercat shaping the planet with miles of garter stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment