Thursday, January 30, 2014

Eastside Stitchers: Wed Meet up One Day Late

Hello:  It's been raining or drizzling since yesterday.  This is a good thing.  It's still too foggy and cloudy to see if there is improvement in the snow pack on the Cascades, but I can only think that when the clouds open up a bit, I will see much more white.  The lack of rain was a topic at the regular meet up of Eastside Stitchers at Crossroads in Bellevue last night. 

I had worked until 5:00 administering this big international exam at one of our local high schools.  So I arrived after 6 pm.  I could have gone straight to knitting from the school and grabbed dinner at Crossroads, one of the perks of meeting there, but I needed to check the cats and let them out. 

When I got to the group, the big round table was almost full.  One of the things I like about our group is that some people come every week, and others drop in. There was a new Eastside Stitcher.  I don't believe she is on Ravelry yet, but ...  muahahahaha (evil laugh)  ... I'm sure we will get her hooked soon.

The problem with waiting to post my report the next morning after a meet up is that there is a good chance that I will mix up the projects.  Let's see how bad my memory is.

Cam704 has almost finished another lovely cabled scarf.  This is the ... 6th?... she has made for a local women's shelter.  Is it long enough?  not quite.  We talked about how even when the pattern is fun, six of the same thing can get old.




JulieMustKnit was working on a sock.
She has been using up the yarn left over from the beautiful Katharine Pullover she finished before Christmas.  Here is the sleeve detail from the sweater:
I think this is the 6th sock Julie has made from the left over yarn.

Pam2 is working on her first pair of socks.  She has made it to the heel flap. 
I am always happy to see new sock knitters in the group.  Everyone must join me in my obsession with socks.

Our newest member, Yen, brought a lovely sweater.
Wajio brought her Shur'tugal Socks.  She has turned both heels and is working down the gussets now. 
I am sure she is happy to be on the homestretch.

Alphabetadel was beginning a sleeve for one of the baby sets she is knitting.  She had just the very beginning on her needles, so she pulled out the matching sleeve she has finished so we could see where she is headed.
Tara1682 is knitting an Aviatrix hat.  This is the official hat of the Eastside Stitchers.
Wireknitter brought her finished Entrelac Hat for show and tell.  The variegated yarn works beautifully with the technique.
She brought a pair of lace mitts she is knitting, Hemerocallis Mitts
These will be knit with two parts.  There is a simple under mitt, and then a different color lace mitt that is worn on top. 

Anerenbe brought her version of the Follow Your Arrow Mystery KAL Shawl by Isolde Teague.
BlueBerryMary is working on the same Mystery Shawl KAL.
I am not making the Follow Your Arrow Shawl.  It is really fun to watch all of the different versions that are being knit in our group alone.  This is such an interesting KAL because of the two options with each new clue.  I can't wait to see all of the finished shawls next to each other so we can compare and contrast what each choice changed.

DomesticShorthair brought a couple of projects but I got a photo of this hat.
Before she left, she had added in a contrasting faux colorwork yarn for the crown.  It added such a pretty touch.

Chockelet also brought a bunch of WIP's to share.  She is working on the Follow Your Arrow Scarf, too.  But that is not what she actually worked on last night.  She is knitting...

DRUM ROLL...

a Linen Stitch Scarf!
So many people came and went over the evening that we filled a big round table and two more of the little square ones added onto one end. 

I'm off to take my car in for an oil change.  I'm bringing knitting, of course.  I never mind waiting, if I have knitting.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet on a rainy day.



No comments:

Post a Comment