Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tutor Madness

Hello:

I've been tutoring my number 1 son every night.  This makes it so tough to post!  I had to get in a quick post before bed, though it's already after midnight.

On Friday, I made it to Crossroads for Fiber Friday, but forgot my camera, and tried to take photos with my phone... but they were horrible.

On Saturday, I went to the Country Living Expo in Stanwood with Wajio.  We took a fleece processing class, then a class on how to make your own yogurt.  Then Wajio took Pie Crusts and Barbecue, while I took a class on spinning.  It was an exhausting day, but so much fun.  I haven't tried to make yogurt yet, but I got the ingredients, so I will report here when I have tried it.  I did come home and spun for about 2 hours while the Doc and I watched the last Harry Potter movie.

On Sunday, I  made it to Sunday Knitting at Panera's in Redmond.  I remembered my camera, but the photos are pretty bad.

Puzan was knitting a hat!
She is using sock yarn, and I believe it is the Sock Head Hat.

JitteryKnitter is making a beautiful cowl.
VanesaPolo and Skeinherder were working on their Mystery Shawls
Wajio brought her Shur'tugal Socks.
BlueWolfWalking is also working on a cowl.
I think part way through the morning, Puzan stopped working on the hat and brought out a cowl.  She just can't stay away from them!



It is almost the end of the month, and that means that I am frantically finishing my "classes" for Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup (HPKCHC).  This term, I am trying to increase the bonuses for yardage by making more than one thing for each class. 

For instance, the prompt for Astronomy is the planet Jupiter.  You can make something to represent the giant red storm that is on the planet.  A year ago, I would have made one afghan square.  This month, I have made 4 squares all "inspired" by this prompt.

They are:  16 Circles Square (expanded to 36 circles) for an Andy Warhol representation of the storm
 Squaring the Big Circle
 Frostbloom
 And Lemony Lime Citrus Square
These are for an afghan for my Godson who is graduating from college in May.  He loves red and black. 

This is helping me to make good progress on the afghan, but it is way more work than just making 2 squares a month.  I also made two of the squares in the Green and Gold of Notre Dame for the College Afghan I am making for the Doc. 

The Frostbloom:

Lemony Lime Citrus Square:

I don't have a deadline for this afghan, so I can take it a bit easier.  These squares will be turned in to Herbology class.  The prompt there is to plan a garden.  I can explain how the squares are the beginning of an afghan that will grow.  Actually I will turn in 2 more squares for that class that will represent 2 more afghans.  I am growing 4 afghans this year!

And so you can see how insane I am.

This post got much longer than I had planned, but I'm gad that I took the time to bring some of my projects up to date.  I also want to thank everyone who voted for me at the Eastside Knitters Guild meeting tonight.  I am the new Vice President. 

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with squares


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being vice president! You'll do marvellously ;)

    And your squares are great - I can certainly envision them on a dorm bed <3

    ReplyDelete