Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Photos of things I've already posted about...

Hello!  No great photo of the lake today as we are having dreary rainy weather. I hate to complain because I spoke to Moogie who is in NYC and she said it was 11 F today. EEEK!  Instead I will post some photos of the projects that I talked about yesterday.

I will talk about the first square of the 2014 Sampler Mystery Knit-a-Long by Marie Segares at the end of this post because I will show a photo of the square, and if you are doing that KAL and don't want to see the square yet, well, you have been warned.

Age of Brass and Steam

It is being blocked as I type.  I pinned it out this morning and tried to get a decent photo but...  We are having gloom and rain, and I blocked it downstairs in the basement where there isn't much light.  We have a daylight basement, meaning that it opens to the outside since we are on a hill, but we have a deck over the doors out, and did I mention that it was gloomy and raining today? 

There was one other problem with getting a decent photo of the scarf, as you can see:
Why, Beena?  Why?  The minute I had it pinned down she ran and sat on it.  Well, at least you can sort of see the size.  I haven't woven in the ends yet, but will when I take the pins out.  I don't like to weave in the ends of things that will be stretched when blocked in case the woven parts get wonky.  I didn't stretch this very much.  I like the size of the front part, but I did want it to be a little longer at the sides or arms.  I can't wait to wear this!

Lady Igraine Socks by Heatherly Walker

I still need about 2 inches to the legs.  I hope to get that done tonight and move onto the heels tomorrow.

This is the right side,
and here is the wrong side or inside side:
I almost like the inside more.

Pattern 1 for the 2014 Mystery Sampler KAL

This was a simple knit and purl texture pattern. 

The blanket calls for 6 in. squares, but I doubled the pattern part of the square.  Does that make sense?  There is a four stitch border on either side, and a twelve stitch repeat.  The pattern calls for the twelve stitch repeat to be knit two times.  I knit the four stitch border, then knit the twelve stitch repeat four times, then knit the four stitch border again.  I am using Caron One Pound in  Light Green.  My niece in law asked for mint green, and this was the closest I could find. 

The squares need to be relatively tight, but I don't want them to be too stiff.  I think the designer recommends a US size 8 needle, but since I am a loose knitter, I used size 6.  Ha ha ha ha, my square is 15" x 15"
I will probably make nine squares in total.  That will make a big enough blanket for a newborn.

I also started an Emma's First Hat today.  This cute little newborn hat was designed by our own VanesaPolo for her new baby.  It is a quick fun knit and I love the finished hat.  I knit a couple last year.  I will either give this hat to our local hospital's NICU or Seattle Children's Hospital.  This hat is for the first game of Quidditch.  We are to pick one of the professional Quidditch teams, then craft something that fits the team's attributes.  The team I have chosen is the Tutshill Tornadoes.  Anything knit in the round fits a Tornado's attributes.  There should be bonus points for crafting for charity, too. 







No comments:

Post a Comment