Wednesday, January 29, 2014

After Midnight

Hello:

It's after midnight, and the weather has turned cold and rainy.  I hope that it is snowing in the mountains.  I worked all day today.  I trained for this International Test Proctor job for 6 hours.  I was able to knit a bit during the training.  I worked on the second of the 2014 Sampler Mystery KAL blanket square patterns.  I just realized that I don't have a photo of the square.

The squares are supposed to be about 6 inches each.  I doubled the first square, and, although I dropped down a needle size, I got a 15 in. square.
Since this is for a baby that is due in May, I am going to make two big squares for each of the first 4 patterns, and then one more square and sew them together for a 3 x 3 square blanket that will be about 45 in x 45 in without a border.

I finished one square of the second pattern, and cast on another square in that pattern.  That is what I knit today.  I should have been able to make more progress, but I wanted to take notes... Darn that Working!  I wasn't able to get a photo of the finished pattern 2 square, but will take one tomorrow morning before I leave for work if possible.

Right now I have the first row, and I will try to get that sewn together.  I need to sew together the red and black squares that I have finished for my Godson's afghan, too.  I have learned that sewing as you go is the best way to finish an afghan quickly.

I also wanted to post photos of the finished Mermaid costume:
The tail is pretty long, so it is hard to squish it all into one photo.

Here is the tail:
the sea shell bikini top:
and a close up of the sea star headband:
You can just see the sparkles in the aqua Caron Simply Soft Party yarn.  The tail was made with that yarn and Caron Simply Soft Paints in Spring Brook held together and a size N crochet hook.  The Sea Shell top is also Caron Simply Soft.  It is something old from my stash so I'm not sure of the exact color, but it looked sort of coral so I used it.

I hope to post a photo of my Great Niece wearing the outfit (after she is born... of course).

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with a mermaids tail




No comments:

Post a Comment