Sunday, January 5, 2014

First Friday and Spin In

Hello:
It was cold today, but crisp and clear and just gorgeous.  I think about the people in the Mid-West and back East struggling with all of that snow, and I am again grateful that I live in paradise.

Moogie and Pookie have gone back to college, already.  They have such short breaks.  I was a bit worried that their flights would be cancelled as they flew towards all the bad weather.  But, they seemed to travel after the first big snowstorm that hit the East Coast, and before the second big snowstorm that has hit the Mid-West.  Whew.  We still have Himes for one more week.  Things have calmed down quite a bit in the house, now, and I am once again crafting like crazy.

On Friday, I made it to Crossroads to stitch with the Eastside Stitchers Fiber Friday group.  The big news is that JulieMustKnit has finished her gorgeous Katherine Pullover by Michele Rose Orne.  This is a deceptively simple looking sweater.  But it has just the right amount of detail and shaping.
I didn't get a photo of the whole sweater, and I'm kicking myself for that.  It fits beautifully.
Since the sweater is finished, Julie has started a pair of socks.  I'm not sure if she is using a pattern.  They might be plain ribbed socks.
Winterpromise31 also brought a Finished Project!  She has finished the lace scarf and hat.  The scarf blocked out perfectly.  You can really see how the lace bloomed.
She brought her Sweet Phoebe baby blanket  by Sandra D. Carter.
Alphabetadell brought the baby set she is knitting.  She is working on the pants of the outfit.
and has already finished most of the top.
Wireknitter brought a pair of multicolored socks she is finishing (and I might say, a really cute needle case!
Saturday morning, after I drove Moogie to the airport, I headed over to Wajio's house.  She was the designated driver to the NWRSA (Northwest Regional Spinners Association) St. Distaff's Day Spin In in Lake Stevens.

 We arrived relatively early.  All of the different groups set up their wheels in "spinning circles."
There were donated baskets of fiber goodies for a raffle.

People brought snacks for a pot luck table.
There was lots of fun conversation, and spinning,


and spinning,

and spinning,

 
and even more spinning!

There was a wonderful market, but I held fast to my destash resolution, and stayed away. 

It was a wonderful day.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with spinners.










No comments:

Post a Comment