Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Eastside Stitchers, Thank Goodness


Hello!
After a tiring day of substitute teaching, Thank Goodness for Eastside Stitchers. 

I got to Crossroads right about 5 pm and was joined by CathieC.  She hasn't been to any of our meet ups in FOREVER, but she has been knitting, and she has made wonderful progress on her MacArthur Park Poncho
We had just started chatting when Pam2 arrived.  So good to see her.  January knitting seems to bring people out of the woodwork.  She was working on a sock.  Perhaps if she keeps up the sock knitting, Skeinherder and I will drag her into some competitions...
Wireknitter brought a beautiful colorwork cowl she is test knitting.  The pattern is Hashtag Snowflake by Susan Ashcroft.
Wireknitter brought another project, but as it is the Follow Your Arrow Mystery Shawl KAL by Ysolde Teague, I can't show any spoiler photos.

VanesaPolo took a break from the Lovely Baby Emma to sit and knit with us for a bit.  She is also knitting the Follow your Arrow Mystery Shawl by Ysolde Teague, so I can only show her yarn choice.
So the January grays did not just bring us Pam and Vanesa, but... Colleen!  yes, Colleen had broken her foot and was immobile for about two months.  However, she made the trek to Crossroads tonight with a bag of yarn goodies to share.  I snagged some pretty red and yellow.... There might be a Gryffindor Scarf in my future.  Anyway, Colleen was knitting a very pretty scarf, hers will be for charity.
O, shoot, she told me the name of the pattern, and I forgot to write it down.

Then, one more person came in out of the January gray night, Amigirl!  I bet you can't guess what she brought to knit.  Here is a hint, it's green.

The Sprucey Lucy Socks!  by Wendy D. Johnson. 
She has made progress, honest.  ha ha ha,  we had this wonderful discussion about how you need at least one project that is real social knitting.  These socks are just a bit too ... much for knitting at Crossroads, and often Amigirl has to frog every stitch she completed.  Not tonight, however.  I believe Amigirl got two good rows in tonight.  Rows that won't need to be frogged.

I think we will see more of Amigirl and Pam2 in the next few weeks.  I certainly hope so.  And, welcome back, Colleen.  We have missed you.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with old-new knitting friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment