Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Conceit of Crafters

Hello: 

When I woke up (the third or fourth time because - cats) and looked out the window at the rain and fog on the lake, I thought, "I'm living in a Vermeer painting."  There is a certain slant of light that you get in these higher latitudes that you don't see if you live where the sun is directly over head.  Then I thought, I've been subbing in Art classes for the last two days,  no wonder everything looks like a painting to me.

When I subbed on Thursday, I wore a pair of black pants and a black twinset.  This is one of my "subbing outfits."  I dressed it up this time with my newly finished Age of Brass and Steam
I spent time making sure it draped just right around my neck and shoulders.  I thought for sure that someone would ask me about it.  "What a lovely scarf.  Where did you buy it?"

Nada.

Peace,
f1bercat
really, owning the scarf is enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment