Thursday, January 2, 2014

Everything Takes Forever

Hello:
Look!  that's the sun.  Ok, it's gone now, and pouring, which is weird for us.  Yes, it rains all the time here, but it usually sprinkles.

I have done almost no knitting or crochet today.  I woke up late (ugh!) and spent the whole day sewing.  Well, I spent the first half of the day cutting fabric.  Why does that take so long?  Then I met a friend for coffee in the middle of it, and when I got back, I still had more cutting to do.

I finally went down stairs and got to sewing.  That too took longer than I thought it would.  I am trying a new type of project bag, the Open Wide Zippered Pouch.  I got the "tutorial" from the Noodlehead blog.  It's pretty straightforward, and I love how my little bag came out.  I am making bags for prizes for Quidditch for HPKCHC.  If you participate in January Quidditch, you are in a drawing for this Winter Themed Bag:
Or, something like it.  I made the middle size, and it is a bit smaller than I like.  When I sewed the bottom corners, to make it have a flat bottom, it really cut the height.  I have more fabric, however, and I will try again to get a size I find more useful.  This would have to hold a pretty small project.

Other than that, last night I cast on two new projects.

The first is a new cowl using the Day 15 Lace pattern from the 2013 Advent Calendar Scarf.  I have to adjust the pattern because I am knitting in the round, but that should be easy.  I might even have beaded rows at the top and bottom of the scarf.  Maybe,  I'll have to decide soon. I am using up the last skein from the 2013 Advent Calendar Scarf, the Cascade Heritage Silk.  If I do add beads, I will probably use the same beads!  I love how the yarn and beads look together.  I have only finished two rows.  It took forever to cast on.  Then, I had so much trouble making sure the yarn hadn't twisted when I joined it into a circle.  Then!  on the first row, I realized that I had two extra stitches, so I k2tog twice at the end to get rid of them.  THEN, when I came around on the second row, I realized that I was two stitches short, so I had to undo the k2tog. 
The second thing I cast on is a pair of socks for the Bleeping SockGames Group.  The first design is called Lady Igraine by Heatherly Walker who is YarnYenta on Ravelry, and is based on a character in the game The Order, 1886.
I am using the beautiful Sweet Georgia Tough Love Sock yarn that I bought at Apple Yarns back in 2012.  The color is Coastal, and is a bit more green than in the photo, but just a bit.  The socks are knit flat at first because there will be buttons that close the legs.  So far... two rows finished.....

I am almost finished with my Racing Raindrops Scarf by Churchmouse Yarn & Teas.
I have 29 stitches left on the needle.  Somehow, I thought I would be finished with this scarf yesterday. 

Enough whining.  I need to cast on the first square of the Mystery KAL baby blanket that I am making.  I need to get started on the first squares for the 2014 BAMCAL.  I haven't crocheted in a month.  I am excited to get hooking again.

Peace,
f1bercat
shaping the planet with two rows, ha ha I haven't blocked my Age of Brass and Steam, yet

No comments:

Post a Comment